The Folks of Louisiana!!!!!
  Re: (...)
This thread will be a little disjointed, but bear with me – I cannot believe the people we are meeting here. I’m so shaggy (have not had a haircut since we left P.A.!), so drove to Lake Charles to a shop I’ve heard good things about. On the way, we stopped at Hackett’s Cajun Kitchen and picked up Boudin Sausage, Spicy Pork Sausage and Pork Tasso
http://www.hackettscajunkitchen.com/
[Image: Dec8SausagefromHacketts_zpsc3fdf8d1.jpg]

Did some running around and stopped back at Pat’s of Henderson – we’d been there a week or so ago and just had a ball with everyone. Nancy, the owner, is the one who took our Merry Christmas picture I posted on facebook – she and I just bonded immediately.
http://patsofhenderson.com/menu.html

Anyway, we had another wonderful lunch – I had Crawfish Fettuccine and Roy had Crawfish Gumbo

[Image: Dec8CrawfishFettuccine_zps0dea043c.jpg]

[Image: Dec8CrawfishGumbowwGeyserPeakCab_zps83e5ae61.jpg]

Our leftovers from Pat’s – my crawfish fettuccine (in the dish it was served in 'cause it had all that crusty goodness!!) and Roy’s crawfish gumbo and a loaf of bread!!!!

[Image: Dec8LeftoversfromPats_zpsa9b1e053.jpg]

AND THEN, as Nancy & I were talking, she said hold on I’ve got some things for you to play with -

[Image: Dec8NancysenthomefromPats_zpsf490e8bc.jpg]

Care pkg. from Pat’s:
1 3/4 lbs. of their corneal breading, 1 1/2 lbs. FRESH alligator, Sauce of some kind – hotter than hell, have to call & ask what it is, two pcs. Cheese cake with sauces and 2 unbaked loaves of their bread offering.
Unfriggin’believaable –

These people are just unbelievably kind around here.

AND THEN, these notes from the different wait staff – that we can all play with

Daniel – stuff mushrooms with crab cake mixture.
Tina – her mom makes her gravy when she makes Yorkshire puddings (in a muffin pan) with equal amounts of jus and black coffee.

Tina again – she makes:
Brown pork chops, set aside.
IN same skillet make a sauce of sliced peaches (canned are fine)
Nutmeg
Butter
Cinnamon
Granulated sugar & brown sugar
Milk to make creamy
S&P

Ya think we’re going to be eating for the next week high off the hog??????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! by cjs (This thread will be ...)
My goodness, Jean! No wonder you love LA so much! I would too. Guess I need to see more than New Orleans next time we go.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! by Mare749 (My goodness, Jean! ...)
What a great time and great people!!
  Re: Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! by karyn (What a great time an...)
I'm so jealous of the alligator! Nice haul, Jean! Have fun! You'll be busy for days!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! by Gourmet_Mom (I'm so jealous of th...)
I swear Jean you are our official Food Ambassador
  Re: Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! by DFen911 (I swear Jean you are...)
Come join us for a fast trip, Denise - after Laura leaves!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! by cjs (Come join us for a f...)
I wish we could! But we're not taking any trips longer than a week or so because of Derek's dad. He could live another 5 years, but it really bothers me getting to far away if something happened. So we are keeping our trips to within 7 hours from home at the most. LA is about 6-7 days away

Someday we'll travel for real like you guys do