Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not sure here yet - maybe pork sandwiches with more of the cilantro dressing that tasted so good yesterday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having Angus cheeseburgers on our flight home. This has been such a wonderful trip and we're already talking about coming back in May.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? by losblanos1 (We're having Angus c...)
Blane, your trip look absolutely fantastic!

tonight we are going to have Beef Stroganoff. The cuisine at home recipe with the dilled sour cream.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? by luvnit (Blane, your trip loo...)
Going to make the thai chicken curry soup I was supposed to make yesterday. As I started getting out all the ingredients I discovered I was out of fish sauce. Glad I hadn't chopped everything up and started the soup. It just would not have been the same w/o the fish sauce.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? by Trixxee (Going to make the th...)
Baby Boy is stepping into my Daddy's shoes for the first time today. He is in charge of the local firehouse Christmas Party and he's doing hot dogs to sell for the Christmas Parade, and barbecuing a whole hog....doing it Daddy's way with his original sauce recipe! He will also be barbequing chicken and the ladies are doing all the fixin's.

So that will be dinner tonight. Pictures to come, I hope!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Baby Boy is stepping...)
Oh Hell yes, pictures!! All kinds of good luck to Andrew!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? by cjs (Oh Hell yes, picture...)
Daphne, this brings tears to my eyes! You know how I feel about honoring traditions. You must be bursting with pride. I can't wait to see the pics. Best of luck to Andrew. That's a huge job to take on and live up to. Give him a hug for me!

Almost forgot dinner. I'm making 8 layer lasagna to take out to my in-laws for tonight since we won't be doing Sunday dinner this week. We're going to take a ride downtown to see the Christmas display first, then home for dinner. All the kiddies are coming tonight, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? by Mare749 (Daphne, this brings ...)
Maryann,

I made three small ones last weekend. Lots of fun!

Having Filet en Croute for Hubby.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? by BarbaraS (Maryann,[br][br]I ma...)
Well, I stopped by the fire house to get an all the way hot dog and a canned drink for two bucks! WOW! And checked out the hog. It smelled and looked sooooo good! I can't wait!

Checking the temp!

[Image: image-33.jpg]

Whole Hog Cooking....North Carolina Style!

[Image: image-34.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I stopped by t...)
That looks wonderful, Daphne! It so reminds me of the fun we had hosting pig pickin's with our neighbors when we lived in Cary. It looks like Andres is doing a fantastic job!!

We're working hard on Christmas, so dinner tonight will be easy...Reuben sandwiches and cut up raw veggies.