Caesar Salad with Cilantro Dressing
  Re: (...)
I know I have posted variations of this salad since I started making it in 2000 - but I just love it and the salad itself is always different.

[Image: Dec4CaesarSaladwCilantroDressing_zpse70b55d1.jpg]

Caesar Salad with Cilantro Dressing

This is a wonderful dressing for just about any green salad. I had chicken, bacon lardons, eggs, red onion, black beans, corn and feta, and of course lettuce. I like tossing the lettuce with dressing before arranging the salad ingredients; then add whatever additional dressing is needed.

Dressing: (for 8 servings)
1 cup fresh cilantro, about 1 bunch
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles -- (4-ounce can)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas) -- toasted
1/4 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese -- (1 ounce)
1 clove garlic -- peeled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Place cilantro, mayonnaise, oil, chiles, vinegar, pumpkin seeds, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until coarsely chopped. Cover; chill for 1 hour or until flavors are blended.

Store unused dressing in refrigerator for up to one week.

"ENSALADA CESAR CON ADEREZO DE CILANTRO Y CHILES VERDES (first made 7/26/00) Ortega Book" This is one of my favorite little Mexican cookbooks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Caesar Salad with Cilantro Dressing by cjs (I know I have posted...)
Sounds (and looks) delicious-- I so wish that DH liked cilantro!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Caesar Salad with Cilantro Dressing by foodfiend (Sounds (and looks) d...)
I think I would love this dressing.
  Re: Re: Caesar Salad with Cilantro Dressing by Trixxee (I think I would love...)
Shoot, forgot about this thread - should have posted the comments about the pulled pork here...

"Well, I discovered a flavor combination that I would never have thought of. I had l/o cilantro dressing from the Mexican Caesar the day before. Pulled pork pkg. was thawing out, so decided to just add it to the salad WOW! With a sprinkling of additional cilantro over the salad and the dressing with the pork was just outstanding.
[Image: Dec5CaesarwCilantroDressingPulledpork_zpsf5ac2bf0.jpg]

Now, I think I'd better make another small batch of the dressing and use on pulled pork sandwiches along with fresh cilantro!! And, 14 Hands red was very good with it all, too. Nice dinner."
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com