Saturday's Dinner, 11/29/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on for dinner tonight for everyone?

A repeat of yesterday's sandwich for us - it was so good.

Later maybe a quesadilla or I saw a turkey salad with a Hoisin dressing that I might do.

Also, neighbors just told us about a 'fantastic' (their words) seafood market just down the street from where we are. It's going to be hard to hold back until all the l/os are gone, that's for sure!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/29/14?? by cjs (What's on for dinner...)
The plan is to have the sweet potato pancakes as soon as William gets home. Sweet potatoes are separated from syrup and puréed and ready to go. Tonight is the turkey fried rice. Let's just hope he comes home midday instead of staying to hunt this evening, too!

I'm also going to divide up my turkey for Turkey Pesto Pasta, Turkey Pot Pie, and Turkey Carcass Soup. I'll put the soup on this afternoon with the remainder of my leftover veggies, and that will be lunch tomorrow with a turkey sandwich. The rest of the turkey and stock will go in the freezer for quicklie meals next week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/29/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (The plan is to have ...)
Oh man, today I will be a cooking fool! Making the sauces for three small 8-layer lasagnas (will assemble tomorrow), using Jean's recipe for Blackberry Lemon Tarts, only subbing raspberries for the fruit. And making Macs 'n Cheese for tonight.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/29/14?? by BarbaraS (Oh man, today I will...)
Your sister must be visiting, Barbara!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/29/14?? by cjs (Your sister must be ...)
For lunch we are having chicken salad sandwiches (am going to make mine curried I think) on fresh squaw bread, and for dinner it's meatloaf with leftover creamed corn and leftover stuffing OR we will have the homemade tamales we are going to buy at the Farmer's Market in about an hour. Whatever we don't have today we will have tomorrow but at least we have three nice choices.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/29/14?? by cjs (Your sister must be ...)
No, just making the lasagnas for Hubby and me and maybe to give out. He's getting knee replacement surgery soon and I need some prepped ahead meals.

Sister and BIL will be coming back next May for my niece's wedding!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/29/14?? by BarbaraS (No, just making the ...)
Fingers crossed for a good outcome and speedy recovery for your husband's surgery, Barbara.

We were supposed to go with our girls and all the kiddies to Dave and Busters tonight. However...poor Abby came home from Toledo with a broken leg! Took her to the ER and they would only wrap it until the swelling goes down, then cast it on Monday.

I have pizza dough made and sauce simmering and we'll take pizza over to Holly's house later along with a green salad. One will be sausage and mushroom for sure. Thinking about doing ham, pineapple, scallions, mozz and provolone on the other one from Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/29/14?? by Mare749 (Fingers crossed for ...)
--->. Maryann.

Good luck to Mr.. Barbara
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/29/14?? by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Barbara and Maryann...ouch! Best wishes for both of them. I hope all goes well and they're back on their feet soon. Now I'm going to step on a personal soapbox for a moment....every hour of PT that is approved by your insurance company should be mandatory!! Please do it. It has a huge impact on long-term outcomes, IMHO. :

We had patty melts and green beans tonight. Easy and yummy!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/29/14?? by karyn (Barbara and Maryann....)
Another hit: made Bulgogi for my mom for the first time. Didn't last long. Great stuff.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?