How do you like your cranberries?
  Re: (...)
I usually just cook them on the stove as per the directions on the bag. However, I recently noticed that the bag also has directions for making the jellied variety so was thinking of trying that one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: How do you like your cranberries? by Mare749 (I usually just cook ...)
Grew up with the can so I'm fine with that. I've never made any for us because Tony doesn't really like them but one of my best friends used to make one with candied ginger and Pinot Noir - it actually cost about $20 to make it and after a few years when money got tight it was back to the can.
  Re: Re: How do you like your cranberries? by Trixxee (Grew up with the can...)
I veer off every few years trying new/different methods/flavors, but seem to always come back to the 1 cup water/1 cup sugar/1 bag cranberries. Love them!!

The one that I do come back to is the one in Journey...Home - adding cilantro, jalapenos and lime.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How do you like your cranberries? by cjs (I veer off every few...)
I've made them like Jean describes, but my crowd is just as happy with canned. So......
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: How do you like your cranberries? by Gourmet_Mom (I've made them like ...)
I'm the only one in my family who cares about turkey and cranberry...most of my family prefers ham. Sigh... I vary between canned and homemade. This year I'm trying Cherry-Port Cranberry Sauce from last month's Cooking Light. I may buy a can as a backup in case it's not what I wanted. LOL!
  Re: Re: How do you like your cranberries? by karyn (I'm the only one in ...)
Oh, this is going to be a tough decision. All three variations mentioned sound so good. I'm thinking of using Trixxee's recipe but adding the dried cherries from Karyn's.
Maryann

Re: Re: How do you like your cranberries? by Mare749 (Oh, this is going to...)
I usually make the recipe from the back of the bag, subbing oj for half of the water, and adding some orange zest. Basic, but it's tradition.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: How do you like your cranberries? by foodfiend (I usually make the r...)
Vicci, that also sounds really good. My mom used to make a relish with cranberries and oranges that I liked a lot.

I was also considering doing your Gram's Holiday Salad because it just sounds soooo good, but there are only a few of us who eat cranberries and that salad serves 12.
Maryann

Re: Re: How do you like your cranberries? by Mare749 (Vicci, that also sou...)
Maryann, I halve my Gram's salad recipe and the two of us have no problem finishing it... The twelve servings are actually small servings, perhaps a third to a half cup max? Served on iceberg lettuce leaves with a dollop of mayo on top is the "traditional" way.

And why don't I make it more often than just on Thanksgiving? It's so good with the apples and oranges and nuts... hmmm...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: How do you like your cranberries? by foodfiend (Maryann, I halve my ...)
I think that I will try this one, for a change:

Heritage Lane Cranberry Sauce

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/search/he...erry+sauce

Imagine, picking your own wild cranberries!
Vicci

my cooking adventures