Saturday's Dinner, 11/22/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

To celebrate our 46th anniversary today (John F. Kennedy day), I'm making gumbo and potato salad. Found out from another forum that it is the natural accompaniment to gumbo down here in Louisiana. Some add to the gumbo at serving and some enjoy as a side. And bubbly, of course!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/22/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Jean and Roy. WOW!!! #46...may you have another 46. Have a wonderful day and keep enjoying your amazing journey (no pun intended ) Hugs to you both!

I think I will go to Mickey Ds for a double cheeseburger (only if I feel like going out later...EXHAUSTED!)
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/22/14?? by Roxanne 21 (HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, J...)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Much love and good wishes to you both!

We are having steak night here.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/22/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!...)
Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the bubbly.

Well, for the first time ever horse racing is being held down at Del Mar (San Diego) in the fall. With the closure of world famous Hollywood Park last year the whole So. Cal. racing calendar has been rearranged. Sooooo, we are going today and they are having a food truck festival. If all goes according to plan I will be getting a lobster roll from the Lobsta truck and who knows what else.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/22/14?? by Trixxee (Happy Anniversary! ...)
JEALOUS! Horses AND a lobster roll?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/22/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (JEALOUS! Horses AND...)
And wine and sun - doesn't get much better! But I did just realize my jockey Mike Smith (Zenyatta's jock) is racing in a big race in Louisiana today. Oh well, can't have everything.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/22/14?? by Trixxee (And wine and sun - d...)
Happy Anniversary, Jean and Roy!

We have theater tickets for tonight so will have happy hour and appys before the show.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/22/14?? by Mare749 (Happy Anniversary, J...)
Happy Anniversary Jean and Roy.

We're having our Thanksgiving dinner today. CA is cooking the turkey in the style of Ina's perfect chicken.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/22/14?? by losblanos1 (Happy Anniversary Je...)
Happy Anniversary Jean and Roy!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/22/14?? by BarbaraS (Happy Anniversary Je...)
Thanks everyone!

What show are you seeing Maryann??

We had a dinner to just die for!! And, I was so proud of my roux - deep, deep, dark mahogany and so rich!!!!

[Image: Nov22SausageGumbo_zpsb39f6571.jpg]
Louisiana Potato Salad
[Image: Nov22LouisianaPotatoSalad_zps08ad7bc7.jpg]
You have to look at the blog for the reason there is potato salad in the Gumbo!! And, the recipes are there, also.
[Image: Nov22SausageGumboPlated_zps50f95d63.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com