Thursday's Dinner, 11/20/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Long day driving and all kinds of problems with DISH AGAIN!! Can I go 2 months without network t.v.?????? May have jump *****!

So, we went out for pizza last night (Roy had a delicious seafood marinara sauce). So we'll have the leftover squash torta topped with hash today instead.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/20/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to try copying a dish that Lidia made last night on TV. She used fettuccine, spinach, garlic, onion, ricotta, and a ladle or two of pasta water. Black pepper and Parm to finish. Looked delicious.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/20/14?? by Mare749 (I'm going to try cop...)
Simple = tasty!! Sounds good, Maryann.

It is absolutely gorgeous here in Lake Charles, LA - 61° and the front door is open to the sunshine!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/20/14?? by cjs (Simple = tasty!! Sou...)
Are you going back to New Orleans?
Maryann

Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/20/14?? by Mare749 (Are you going back t...)
No, I think we're going to bypass N.O. and hit some smaller burgs and see the state more. We saw a lot the last time thru.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/20/14?? by cjs (No, I think we're go...)
Tony will not arrive back in town in time for dinner so I think we'll do a repeat of last night- cheeseburger for me, pizza for the kid.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/20/14?? by Trixxee (Tony will not arrive...)
The Butternut Sq. Fettuccine morphed into a torta (base) for Butternut Sq. Hash and it was delicious! Served with a Beet salad topped with feta. Yum!!
[Image: Nov20BnutSqpastatortawSqhash_zps470b0e2a.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/20/14?? by cjs (The Butternut Sq. Fe...)
How do you think of these things? Very pretty, Jean.
Maryann

Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/20/14?? by cjs (No, I think we're go...)
Jean, don't forget Paw Paw's Seafood and Steak House, 300 Hwy 171 , Lake Charles. 318 439 5410. Try the Catfish Court Bouillon.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/20/14?? by Old Bay (Jean, don't forget P...)
We're having chicken saltimboca tonight.