Tuesday's Dinner, 11/18/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm doing the B.nut Sq. fettuccine from #107 that Maryann liked so well. The other half of the squash I think I'll make a soup to have ready for travel day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/18/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Lemon risotto and sole meuniere.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/18/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Lemon risotto and so...)
Tonight it's Norwegian meatballs, mashed taters' and asparagus. What I really want is Mac n' cheese.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/18/14?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Norwegi...)
Thai red curry (or is it red Thai curry) with chicken. I wish I had more basil. My stupid car is acting up again and I don't really want to drive it anywhere until my appointment on Wednesday - I guess I could walk to the store, heaven forbid.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/18/14?? by Trixxee (Thai red curry (or i...)
Whooee, Maryann, that is a nice squash fettuccine dish from #107.
[Image: Nov18BNutSquashFettuccine_zps5c6c5cec.jpg]

Didn't have hazelnuts, but pecans worked great. I didn't save enough pasta water out to thin the sauce to the consistency I would have liked, but for the leftovers I'll add some more stock/Noilly Prat. Loved the flavors.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/18/14?? by cjs (Whooee, Maryann, tha...)
We're having chicken tortilla soup with cilantro and lime. John always tops it with so much cheese and extra chips that it loses any healthy points...sigh!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/18/14?? by karyn (We're having chicken...)
We had hamburgers left over the other night, and I wanted something soupy for this COLD night, so I turned the burgers into French Onion Salisbury Steak! Yum!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/18/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (We had hamburgers le...)
Daphne, looking at Karyn's dinner and still having Anne's flat noodles in mind, I bet they would work in that soup in place of the tortillas.....maybe?

I woke up (3:30 a.m.!!!!) thinking of food and how to serve the l/o fettuccine - make a pasta torte and top with B.nut squash hash. Wanted to get up right then and make it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/18/14?? by cjs (Daphne, looking at K...)
Funny, I never thought of using them any other way, Jean. I may have to give that some thought. I did notice some recipes on the back the other night. I may try them in the Lasagna Soup recipe next time we have that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/18/14?? by cjs (Whooee, Maryann, tha...)
Quote:

Whooee, Maryann, that is a nice squash fettuccine dish from #107.
[Image: Nov18BNutSquashFettuccine_zps5c6c5cec.jpg]

Didn't have hazelnuts, but pecans worked great. I didn't save enough pasta water out to thin the sauce to the consistency I would have liked, but for the leftovers I'll add some more stock/Noilly Prat. Loved the flavors.

Love your photo. So glad you liked the dish as much as we did.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."