Secret Santa Time 2014
  Re: (...)
Okay All,

I want some input here. We've been doing "Secret Santa" for a few years now and I've seen the number of participants go up and then down. I kinda get the feeling that some of the past participants are "feeling funny" about the level of the gifts that were exchanged, and that was NOT the intention of this endeavor.

I would be willing to run this event again, but I do not want anyone to feel pressured about participating or anyone to feel like they have to one-up anyone. It's supposed to be simple and fun. I personally like to share some local products that may or may not be available to my recipient.

Heck, if we do this this year, someone might be getting the "Spicy Shelf" because I tried working it out in my spice cabinet and that was not happening. www.spicyshelf.com

Let me know everyone.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Secret Santa Time 2014 by BarbaraS (Okay All,[br][br]I w...)
I'm game for what everyone else votes on.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? Maybe? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm game for what ev...)
I think it's fun, no matter what I get. I enjoy giving the gifts I give. I think it's a symbol of this happy little group. We might even get Labs involved this year!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? Maybe? by Old Bay (I think it's fun, no...)
Yes, Bill, I was thinking that when I saw the thread subject line - even before you suggested it. Shall have to think what to pack together.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? Maybe? by labradors (Yes, Bill, I was thi...)
Good point, Bill! It would be unfair to stop now. And like you, I enjoy sharing things I love from my area. Especially now that I found some great places to shop for local products.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? Maybe? by Gourmet_Mom (Good point, Bill! I...)
I would love to participate this year! Last year I was down and out with a broken ankle and did no real life shopping - everything was through Amazon or Tony.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? Maybe? by Trixxee (I would love to part...)
First of all, thank you so much, Barbara, for being willing to head up this project again this year. You do a fantastic job!!!

I love the local gifts I've gotten over the years and I do try to send those kind of gifts.

I would love to participate, but I don't know if the logistics will work with us on the road.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? Maybe? by cjs (First of all, thank ...)
Oooo! Oooo! Oooo! Labs??! Oh yeah!

Jean, we have to figure something out with your travel itinerary. Absolutely.

Everyone, start signing up with PMs to me.

C'mon!! Let's have fun!

Group Hug!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? Maybe? by BarbaraS (Oooo! Oooo! Oooo! L...)
I'm in!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? Maybe? by Old Bay (I'm in! [img]/ubbthr...)
Im in!
Daphne