Monday's Dinner, 11/10/14??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner today??

I'm making corn chowder and add fried oysters and catfish and have a sip of Jack Daniel's to go with.

Happy Day off, Barbara!! Relax!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/10/14?? by cjs (What's for dinner to...)
I'm going to make the chicken with cream, poblano peppers and corn that Carylanne and Blane made last night.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/10/14?? by Trixxee (I'm going to make th...)
I'm meeting a couple of friends for a late lunch/early dinner at the Outback today, so will bring home something for Ron.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/10/14?? by Trixxee (I'm going to make th...)
Trixxee, it turned out pretty tasty, but I would double the crema and milk too make more sauce.

Tonight I'm making French toast with banana's Foster sauce and a side of sausage.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/10/14?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, it turned o...)
Have fun, Maryann!

Unexpected day off due to a couple of leeks in our water line. I'll take it! Dinner is London Broil with baked potatoes and spinach salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/10/14?? by cjs (What's for dinner to...)
Yes Jean, it was a nice day off. Temps were 62 degrees and sunny. Did a 6 .lb pork butt that shredded beautifully. That's for future uses, like burritos on Thursday.

Also got to watch a construction crew remove our crappy old driveway, prep, and lay down the coarse layer of blacktop. No more stepping in 4" puddles when it rains hard!

Okay, so tonight is cheeseburgers with sautéed mushrooms for me, French fries for him, and side salads.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/10/14?? by BarbaraS (Yes Jean, it was a n...)
Eggplant Parmasagn, pasta, marinara, and leftover Caprese Salad!. Delicious!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/10/14?? by Old Bay (Eggplant Parmasagn, ...)
Bill, you guys seem to be cooking more these days! You guys have GOT to be ramping up for holiday parties! They are so awesome! I look forward to them every year! That's another thing I want to do! Parties!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/10/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, you guys seem ...)
We did our last big parties in 2012. Those were 50+ parties (2). We did two parties in 2013 involving 15 to 20 folks, and none this year. We spent our money on remodeling our house (last time). Next year we will do a couple of sit down dinners with wine lovers, a couple of pizza parties, chili suppers, and maybe a small soup buffet ( clam chowder, tortilla soup, minestrone, chili, charro soup, etc). We are slowing down and enjoying life. We lose old friends every year, but are making new ones here and Travelling all the time . We just want to keep growing our circle, and we think we are keeping ahead of the curve, I think Jean and Roy are doing the same. I wish you the same future, come see us when you can.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/10/14?? by Old Bay (We did our last big ...)
Remodeling??? Oh, I can hardly wait to see what you've done. I've been lucky enough to be part of one of Bill & Jane's pizza parties and they are so worth heading south for, Daphne (and everyone!).

Fun day for you, Maryann??? It is fun to catch up with old friends.

Let's hear it for retirement!!! and, the freedom.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com