TexMexatini
  Re: (...)
OK Jean, finally a cocktail I am willing to end in "tini". My own creation:
4 servings
8 ozs top shelf tequila
4 dashes grapefruit bitters
4 twists lime peel (no pith)
Pour first two ingredients in a pitcher over ice. Add a pinch of salt if desired. Stir briskly for one minute. Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with lime peel. A southwestern version of a martini.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: TexMexatini by Old Bay (OK Jean, finally a c...)
We like it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: TexMexatini by Gourmet_Mom (We like it!...)
On the list, Mr. Bill!!!! with thanks
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: TexMexatini by Old Bay (OK Jean, finally a c...)
Thank you Bill! I was trying to figure out what flavor of bitters to get on our next trip to Oregon - now I know! Last time we got another rhubarb and a cherry. Grapefruit is next, and maybe peach
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: TexMexatini by Harborwitch (Thank you Bill! I w...)
I didn't know that bitters came in flavors...

After 35 years of being tequila-less (um, this had to do with a mega-over-indulgence of it on my 21st birthday...), I tried a wonderful drink this summer called a Paloma. Tequila I controlled myself this time!), grapefruit, lime sugar syrup, salt-- I was surprised at how much I liked the flavors of tequila, lime, and grapefruit.

This TexMexatini sounds like it would be onalong the same as the Palmoa, and I can't wait to find those grapefruit bitters. Thanks for posting, Bill!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: TexMexatini by foodfiend (I didn't know that b...)
The ones I get are Fee Brothers. Absolutely wonderful products Fee Brothers Good liquor stores should carry them.

I just saw they have a new one - Cardamom! Oh my!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!