Thursday's Dinner, 11/6/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today for everyone??

Had to have a mobile repairman come out and work on the slide out, and he didn't leave until 7 p,m. So no real dinner (all day!!) for us! Dinner today will be yesterday's salad.

But, there was a side benefit to Tom's visit - he is very well fed, he & his girlfriend work long hours; he & his girlfriend eat out almost every night!! Did he have some ideas for places to try the local foods I have on my list!

Caffish/Hushpuppies - Rowday's
Fried green tomatoes - Rusty's
Bacon rinds - Klondike ("off the pig, into the fat, onto your plate")("Thursdays are Pork Chop day - God Almighty, the chops they do! And, folks bring their own wine to the restaurant") Also, The Trading Post
Fried Calamari - K.J.'s Rivertown Grill
2 buffets that have the best seafood - Heinz Grocery and Lorman Country Store (he's also the 'Chicken Man')

Not on my list - but he couldn't resist telling me these after my begging - ENCOUGH!!
Veal Parmigianino and great pizzas - Billy's
Great Burgers - Tom's, Yazoo City
the Coca-Cola museum
We may have to extend our stay, you think????

Also, in N. Carolina - he mentioned (has anyone heard of these places??)
Maggie Valley - Wheels Thru Time museum?
http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

Dragon's Trail - something like 132 (??) turns in 11 miles. (wouldn't this be fun on a motorcycle)
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/other_parkway.html

Sorry for high jacking this diner thread....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/6/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
Sounds like the man knows his restaurants. You sure do meet some interesting people, Jean. Hope he was able to fix the slide-out, too.

Last night for dinner I made a huge salad with sliced chicken breast on top. Still have 1/2 left-over, so tonight I will add some grilled sausage and home-made croutons for the grilled panzanella salad that we all tried a few months back. We will start with a cup of Italian wedding soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/6/14?? by Mare749 (Sounds like the man ...)
Chinese tonight, almond chicken and fried rice.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/6/14?? by losblanos1 (Chinese tonight, alm...)
Roast duck with blackberry wine sauce, mushroom risotto and coriander carrots
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/6/14?? by DFen911 (Roast duck with blac...)
Tony is still gone so an easy night here. Michael will continue to have the rotissiere chicken and I'm going to throw together another beef/ramen dish for me, with a cucumber and tomato salad on the side. Dinner will take all of 10 minutes to make.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/6/14?? by Trixxee (Tony is still gone s...)
I want to eat with Denise!

Jean, are y'all heading north or east next?

Steaks are too high, no London Broil, so burgers are dinner. I may or may not do baked potatoes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I want to eat with D...)
South and East - we won't be heading your way until spring.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/6/14?? by cjs (South and East - we ...)
As excited as I am to see you, I was hoping you wouldn't get here until after my retirement! YAY! Tell Roy he can't poop out this time! I'll have to chase you guys down!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/6/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
Quote:

What's on the menu today for everyone?? Also, in N. Carolina - he mentioned (has anyone heard of these places??)
Maggie Valley - Wheels Thru Time museum?
http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

Dragon's Trail - something like 132 (??) turns in 11 miles. (wouldn't this be fun on a motorcycle)
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/other_parkway.html

Sorry for high jacking this diner thread....

We're having Bourbon Chicken with brown rice and broccolini.

I've never been to the Maggie Valley, but we do love riding on Tail of the Dragon! Here is a picture from last year.

[Image: IKcGBmFl.jpg]" />
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/6/14?? by DFen911 (Roast duck with blac...)
Sounds good Denise!

Tonight is Red Beans & Rice/Jambalaya (sort of) and cornbread. Yummmmmmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!