Seriously?
  Re: (...)
A few days ago, my mom encountered (she doesn't remember where - either Food Network or the Internet) a crazy-sounding idea.

Mash together a large, very ripe banana, two eggs and a pinch of baking powder then cook the mixture as pancakes on a griddle and serve with butter and syrup. That's it. No flour or anything else, unless you happen to feel like adding a little cinnamon, or the like, for additional flavour.

Well, she decided to try this for breakfast, yesterday, and it really worked! They may not have been quite as fluffy as the best buttermilk pancakes, but they were delicious and well worth making again. Amazing!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Seriously? by labradors (A few days ago, my m...)
Clever for those with gluten intolerance. I may make a go at these. Thanks, Labs and special thanks to your Mom
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Seriously? by Roxanne 21 (Clever for those wit...)
Think I'd better pass this one along to my niece. She's always after me for good gluten-free. Thanks Labs and your mom.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Seriously? by cjs (Think I'd better pas...)
Isn't that interesting? Since Ron loves bananas, this will be a must try recipe. Thanks, Labs, and thank your mom!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Seriously? by Mare749 (Isn't that interesti...)
How odd! Cool idea if you are gluten free or just like bananas!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Seriously? by Gourmet_Mom (How odd! Cool idea ...)
Thanks for posting this, Labs! DH loves bananas, I love pancakes (but try to eat low gluten whenever possible) so as soon as those bananas in the kitchen ripen a bit more I'll give it a try.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Seriously? by labradors (A few days ago, my m...)
This sounds really good!! Have to save this thread! Thanks Labs!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.