Review: Spicy Vermicelli with Beef
  Re: (...)
Oh my gosh, this is a good and wonderfully flavored dish from Taste of Thai!!! I did sub some things – used leftover flank steak and stir fried in the Angel Hair pasta, but I did stay true to the flavors and WOW!! The only thing I didn’t have was any cilantro – but, I bet that would nicely finish the dish off!

Spicy Vermicelli with Beef

[Image: Oct31SpicyVermicelliwithBeef_zps1ca90b9a.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review: Spicy Vermicelli with Beef by cjs (Oh my gosh, this is ...)
Copied and saved. Thanks, Jean. It looks really good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Spicy Vermicelli with Beef by Gourmet_Mom (Copied and saved. T...)
That looks delicious, Jean!
  Re: Re: Review: Spicy Vermicelli with Beef by karyn (That looks delicious...)
Copied and saved! Thanks, Jean. Love Thai food.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review: Spicy Vermicelli with Beef by Mare749 (Copied and saved! Th...)
Just had the leftovers for breakfast! Still love this flavor. Here's the recipe as I retyped it for using later - makes a much easier dish to prepare than the original, I think.

Spicy Vermicelli with Beef

This brightly colored pasta dish is as spicy as it is pretty. Serve it with a salad for a quick dinner. Adapted from a Taste of Thai recipe.

6 oz. Vermicelli or Angel Hair pasta
3 Tbs lime juice
1 Tbs dark brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 Tbs and 2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 Tbs and 2 teaspoons Red Curry Paste
1 tsp ground turmeric
6 to 8 oz. leftover beef, pork or chicken
2 Tbs Fish Sauce
1-12 oz package cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 bunch scallions, washed and chopped
Optional: chopped cilantro and peanuts

Cook the pasta according to pkg. directions. Combine lime juice and sugar. Set aside.

2. While the pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until soft. Add Curry Paste and turmeric. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until dissolved.

3. Add beef or pork and fish sauce; cook long enough to heat through. Add tomatoes, scallions and lime juice mixture. Combine and cook 1 minute.

4. Drain pasta and add to skillet. Stir-fry until Vermicelli is coated and ingredients are combined. If desired, garnish with cilantro and peanuts. Serve.

Servings: 4
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Spicy Vermicelli with Beef by cjs (Just had the leftove...)
Recopied and resaved!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Spicy Vermicelli with Beef by Gourmet_Mom (Recopied and resaved...)
Looks very good.