Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14??
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by Trixxee (Thanks Jean. Makes ...)
That is so sad, Trixxee!! I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the poor thing laying alone as she was dying.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by karyn (That is so sad, Trix...)
Oh, Trixxee, that is terrible! I'm speechless!

Maryann, I hope you and your dad had a great day! What a sweet way to remember your mom!

And I forgot dinner plans. Really tired, so I went with easy...ribs on the grill and corn on the cob and green beans on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Trixxee, that is...)
Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

Maryann, I hope you spend a great day with your Dad!

Jean, what a picture!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by BarbaraS (Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!...)
Thanks, guys. But life goes on even in horse racing and Saturday is the biggest, richest day of horse racing - The Breeder's Cup. Coverage will be on MSNBC for most of the races and for the big one - NBC will cover that, starting at 5:00pm Pacific. Go California Chrome!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by Trixxee (Thanks, guys. But l...)
Five Pacific would mean what EST?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Five Pacific would m...)
8:00PM. I think.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by Trixxee (8:00PM. I think. [...)
Thanks Roxanne & Barbara - we are just glued to this scenery and I've always loved tugs, so I'm mesmerized!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by cjs (Thanks Roxanne & Bar...)
Thanks everyone, we had a very special day together yesterday. Yes, Jean, ALL good memories of Mom.

Trixxee, I am sorry about Princess Z. That is so sad.

Jean, that is a beautiful photo. Hardly a cloud in the sky!

I brought home the most amazing stromboli for Ron yesterday. It was the size of a dinner plate. Local apples are in, so bought some of those, and a wedge of baby swiss from Amish country.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by Mare749 (Thanks everyone, we ...)
Thank you MA.

I misspoke about the races - earlier races are on NBCSN (not MSNBC) and the big one is on NBC. But they are all big tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by Trixxee (Thank you MA. [br][...)
Thanks, Trixxee! I'll double check the DirectTV Guide tomorrow early in the day.
Daphne