Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Is this beautiful or what!!!!
[Image: Oct29WestMemphisontheMississippi_zpsd80874b0.jpg]

We be on the Mississippi!! What a gorgeous area.

Today will be using the l/o flank steak and baked sweet potato for some hash. and coleslaw.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having another old favorite from Fine Cooking--Pasta with Sausage, Olives, Sundried Tomatoes, and Cream. It's total comfort food!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/29/14?? by karyn (We're having another...)
Sorry started this with the wrong date....

Don't think I'd better look at that one, Karyn
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by cjs (Sorry started this w...)
Don't think I'll be cooking today. Today is my mom's anniversary, 22 years since she passed, so I like to spend it with my dad. We will take a long ride to enjoy the countryside, have lunch and stop at farm markets. I will bring home goodies for Ron.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by Mare749 (Don't think I'll be ...)
Oh Maryann, I wish I was closer for a hug. I hope you and your Dad can think (mostly) of the good memories.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by cjs (Oh Maryann, I wish I...)
I am having leftovers. Made Barbara Lynch's recipe from Stir last night, Rigatoni with Spicy Sausage and Cannellini beans. Despite using chicken instead of pork sausage, it was really good, easy and fast.
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
How beautiful is that. Jean!!!!!

We have been under the weather for the past few days....really tired of any EGG recipe. Roasted chicken with a green veg...about all I may be able to tolerate...MAYBE???

No tolerance for "germs" when we are in close quarters with other people....NOT a denigration to other people BUT our level for germs is really LOW....24 hours after being in contact with someone here is devastating
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by Roxanne 21 (How beautiful is tha...)
I am in such a sad mood I don't really feel like cooking or doing anything so I'm just going to pick up a rotissiere chicken and throw in some baked potatoes.

Some of you will remember my extreme fondness for Zenyatta. Found out yesterday that her 6 month old filly died. She slipped in the mud, running as all horses do, and broke her back. I think she may have been laying there for a while until she was found. She didn't even have an official name yet but was called Princess Z around the farm.

http://www.americasbestracing.net/en/the...er-forget/
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by Trixxee (I am in such a sad m...)
Oh Trixxee, you have to be devastated!! I'm so sorry to hear this news. Let Tony fix you a bowl of soup and you just grieve.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 10/30/14?? by cjs (Oh Trixxee, you have...)
Thanks Jean. Makes me feel so bad that she was laying there until she was found. Whoever found her must be traumatized.