Living Cookbook 2015
  Re: (...)
Hi folks, Living Cookbook has a new version, 2015. Upgrade licenses are $14.95 now will go up to $19.95 soon.

I've been beta testing the new version and really like it. Among its features is the ability to upload recipes to the web. This is a precursor to being able to view the recipes from any device, e.g. iPad, Kindle, etc. It has the ability to share recipe files directly between friends (who also have LC 2015).

Info on all the enhancements is available here as well as in the Living Cookbook website.
  Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by Cubangirl (Hi folks, Living Coo...)
Thanks, Alina. You know how much I love LC!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by Mare749 (Thanks, Alina. You k...)
Still no Android version?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by labradors (Still no Android ver...)
Instead of specific apps, they are going for a web based which will allow it to be used with any OS. At the moment you can sync online and exchange recipes.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by Cubangirl (Instead of specific ...)
With an app, recipes could be stored locally so they could be accessed when you don't have Internet access. Any plans for something that wouldn't have to rely upon a live Internet connection?
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by labradors (With an app, recipes...)
The recipes are stored locally on a PC. The internet gives you access to the program from a mobile device. The program is too complex for your average mobile device.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by Cubangirl (The recipes are stor...)
Pity.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by labradors (Pity....)
Labs, I rather like the program's complexity. It serves a variety of purposes for me besides storing recipes.

If I recall you use Linux, and dislike both Macs and PCs. I know there is at least one program now that allows you to put LC recipes on Androids but they have to be on Windows first. I don't recall the name. I use Hot Pot for my iPad now which lets me have all my recipes on my iPad. I am looking forward to being able to view the ingredients, techniques, etc. and sharing recipes directly.

BTW, love my new iPad Air 2.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by Cubangirl (Labs, I rather like ...)
Alina, are you saying they do have a version online for iPads? And what about Macs?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook 2015 by Gourmet_Mom (Alina, are you sayin...)
No version for macs, the desktop version will still require virtual windows. However, the website is up now and provides the ability to share recipes directly with other users, e.g., you can send a recipe or an entire cookbook, directly from Living Cookbook to Jean or Maryann, assuming they have 2015. It would show up in their program. Now you can also store and sync between computers. When it is finished the info you upload will be able to be viewed from any device that can access the web.