New favorite: Tomato Soup with Roasted Chickpeas
  Re: (...)
I love Tomato soup and thought nothing could top Ina's with carrot, but this one can. Best of all, it can be made with stuff I always have on hand.

I made some changes, subbing Spanish chorizo for the ham, adding more Spanish paprika and using jarred piquillo peppers instead of the fresh. If you are not a tomato soup fan, this one might change your mind.

If anyone wants the recipe I actually made, let me know and I'll post it.
  Re: New favorite: Tomato Soup with Roasted Chickpeas by Cubangirl (I love Tomato soup a...)
Everything I love - thanks, Alina for posting the link.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New favorite: Tomato Soup with Roasted Chickpeas by cjs (Everything I love - ...)
I love tomato soup and what a nice new recipe for me to try. Thanks, Alina. Another goodie for me while Peter is away. He does not care for tomato soup so I don't have it that often.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: New favorite: Tomato Soup with Roasted Chickpeas by Roxanne 21 (I love tomato soup a...)
Sounds good.

My tomato soup is just a large yellow onion, peeled, diced and sweated in some neutral oil and two pounds of Roma tomatoes, topped, chopped (but not peeled or seeded) and simmered in the same pot until well stewed; the whole mixture puréed until thoroughly liquefied, then returned to the pot to add some milk and heat through.

That was something I did in Honduras, where Campbell's wasn't always available and where Roma tomatoes cost less, anyway - even less than round tomatoes. I tried a few other recipes that were good, but they cost more to make and were less convenient.

It may be very simple, but it's one of those things where simplicity really works.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: New favorite: Tomato Soup with Roasted Chickpeas by labradors (Sounds good. [br][br...)
I LOVE the addition of the ham and red pepper! It's supposed to turn really cool this weekend, so this is dinner one night this weekend! I may just have to serve it with ham biscuits! I miss my grandmother's biscuits! That may have to be my first retirement challenge after I get my fill of pizzas! Sixty one days!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New favorite: Tomato Soup with Roasted Chickpeas by Gourmet_Mom (I LOVE the addition ...)
61?? WoW
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com