T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/10/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Depends on this storm - slow moving, don't know. Fast moving and outta here, probably burgers.

P.S. It's supposed to rain all day and we've really had heavy rain, so I don't think we have any business out on the roads. We'll stay in and have Minestrone soup and Tomato & Feta Pizza. (or flatbread)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/10/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Pork spareribs with some kind of green veggie...

I am using Jean's cooking method because the ribs are ALWAYS fantastic. Tender and fall off the bone.....YUMMM!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/10/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Pork spareribs with ...)
I finally (and can't believe this!) had my fill of ribs after 2 weeks in Kansas City!! I have to give them a rest for a while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/10/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It's October and I'm in the mood for fall food . . . but it's beautiful weather. I've got poblano peppers, red peppers, fresh corn. I'm thinking the Corn Timbales with anasazi beans. I've also got beautiful BEAUTIFUL leeks from the Farmers' Market and a variety of onions so a 5 Lilly soup is a possibility. Either way I have to dig out my onion soup bowls . . . or ramekins from somewhere deep in the bowels of the motorhome.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/10/14?? by Harborwitch (It's October and I'm...)
I got some beautiful leeks last week at the farmers market, Sharon. Used them to make potato leek soup. Yum. Just love soup weather.

We might just grab something out tonight. Got an offer on our rental property so meeting with the realtor. Fingers crossed!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/10/14?? by Mare749 (I got some beautiful...)
After much thougt and fridge perusing, it's going to be cabbage rolls! Maybe soft pretzels to go with
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/10/14?? by farnfam (After much thougt an...)
Fingers crossed Maryann!!

It really is soup weather for all of us - I made a minestrone today, tasted so good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/10/14?? by cjs (Fingers crossed Mary...)
Not soup weather here, so we're grilling--chicken satay with peanut dipping sauce and cucumber relish. I'll grill some baby zucchini, too.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/10/14?? by karyn (Not soup weather her...)
(braggart)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/10/14?? by cjs ((braggart) [img]/ubb...)
Remember, I also live in the land of Snowmaggedon. Two inches of snow is disastrous around here!