24 Hour Sourdough Pizza Dough - Now 48 Hours
  Re: (...)
another mistake that turns golden????
YES!! This was pure gold.

I mentioned in the Monday’s dinner thread that I had messed up my pizza dough by not getting back to it after 24 hours.

For anyone who has the pizza book (oh heck, or not - I'll post it), and if you've tried the Sourdoug pizza crust, you might join me in this mistake. Allow it to 'sour' for 2 days rather than 1. The dough sat out 24 hours, then in the fridge for another 24 hours.

My pizza using my easy & fast Sourdough dough - but with my Mickey Mouse grill, it's hard to brown the top
[Image: Oct6MyBBQPorkPizza_zps5d441597.jpg]

The crust was cracker crisp and the edge crusty with good crumb at the same time.
[Image: Oct6Pizzaslice_zpsb9aef489.jpg]

Even with a nothing grill, I was able to get a good char on the crust. Now, this was a pizza we loved!!
[Image: Oct6Pizzacrustbottom_zpsd6221fb5.jpg]

From Pizza!! Pizza!! Pizza!! cookbook
Sourdough Pizza Dough

1 tsp. active dry yeast
1 cup warm (110° to 115° F.) water
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2 cups all-purpose flour

For the starter: Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add the 1 cup of flour and whisk until combined; cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 24 hours. The mixture will be frothy and bubbly.

Add the salt and the 2 cups of flour to the starter. At this point, either knead with the dough hook in a standing electric mixer for 6 minutes or by hand until pliable, about 5-6 minutes. The dough will be smooth and elastic. If sticky, add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, and incorporate; if dry and crumbly, add warm water, 1 tablespoon at a time.

Place dough ball in an oiled bowl, turning over to oil the top of the dough and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place (about 80°F.) for 45 to 60 minutes until doubled in size.

The dough can be left in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours to develop flavors. If it rises in the bowl, punch it down, re-cover and put it back in the refrigerator. The dough can be punched down 4 times before using. Or, you can freeze the dough at this time for up to 3 months.

When ready to use, remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for 4 to 6 hours before using. If the dough is frozen, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator; then allow it to come to room temperature.

CJ’s tip: Recipe makes 20 - 24 oz. of dough – enough for 3 8-10-inch pizzas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 24 Hour Sourdough Pizza Dough - Now 48 Hours by cjs (another mistake that...)
YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 24 Hour Sourdough Pizza Dough - Now 48 Hours by Gourmet_Mom (YUM!...)
The pizza looks great, but Jean I LOVE your ring!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: 24 Hour Sourdough Pizza Dough - Now 48 Hours by foodfiend (The pizza looks grea...)
Really? Thanks Vicci!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 24 Hour Sourdough Pizza Dough - Now 48 Hours by cjs (Really? Thanks Vicci...)
I was going to say the same thing about your ring, Jean. Love it!

Sorry for being dense, but I'm not quite getting this. At what stage do you let the dough "sour" for 48 hours? Is it just the starter or the finished dough?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 24 Hour Sourdough Pizza Dough - Now 48 Hours by Mare749 (I was going to say t...)
The recipe says to mix part of the flour, yeast & warm water and set aside for 24 hours. I couldn't get to it the next day, so refrigerated it for another 24 hours. Took it out and finished as written.

It was a dream to work with after kneading it and allowing it to rise an hour before using.

Thanks about the ring - when I had my first heart attack, Drs had to cut my wedding ring off, so Roy gave me his and we had them both melted down and remade for both.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 24 Hour Sourdough Pizza Dough - Now 48 Hours by cjs (The recipe says to m...)
P.S. Maryann- also, just remembered I used bread flour (out of A.P.)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 24 Hour Sourdough Pizza Dough - Now 48 Hours by cjs (P.S. Maryann- also, ...)
Thanks Jean, now I get it. Going to start one today!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 24 Hour Sourdough Pizza Dough - Now 48 Hours by Mare749 (Thanks Jean, now I g...)
Gorgeous!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: 24 Hour Sourdough Pizza Dough - Now 48 Hours by cjs (another mistake that...)
Beautiful Jean!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!