Visiting C@H Facility!!
  Re: (...)
Oh my, what a treat yesterday was - here's the tease I posted on facebook and yes, you have to go to the blog.

My Visit to Cuisine at Home Magazine, Des Moines, IA

Where to start with one of the best days of my cooking years! For 90% of you reading this, you’ll probably agree with me that a job in the test kitchen, we would all kill for. If I were 20 years younger, believe me, I’d have my job application in and move to Des Moines in a minute!

Meeting Brian VanHeuverswyn, who has been my mentor and guide leading me through the past few years of being a moderator for our forum was one of the highlights of the day. Here Brian and I are with Terry Strohman (in the middle), Editorial Media Director!

Please see the rest of the day at my travel blog –
www.cjdacook.wordpress.com

[Image: BrianJohnampme_zps4c5ef88e.jpg]
Let me tell you, Mr. Brian, is a hunk!! And just as nice as he is cute.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Visiting C@H Facility!! by cjs (Oh my, what a treat ...)
How fun!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Visiting C@H Facility!! by Old Bay (How fun! [img]/ubbth...)
I hope they loaded you up with lots of goodies! What a fun visit that must have been Man I wish I could go visit.
  Re: Visiting C@H Facility!! by cjs (Oh my, what a treat ...)
Oh Jean what fun that must have been! What a dream!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Visiting C@H Facility!! by Harborwitch (Oh Jean what fun tha...)
What a fun day! Can't wait to read the rest. And yes, Brian is just adorable!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Visiting C@H Facility!! by Mare749 (What a fun day! Can'...)
That sounds like such fun! I'm headed over to your blog to read more.
  Re: Re: Visiting C@H Facility!! by karyn (That sounds like suc...)
Oh good...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Visiting C@H Facility!! by cjs (Oh good... [img]/ubb...)
Great story and photos, Jean. At least you got some. I probably would have forgotten all about taking them. Have to say,I'm really green with envy. Would love to see their test kitchen. And meet Brian, of course!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Visiting C@H Facility!! by Mare749 (Great story and phot...)
Fun day!
  Re: Re: Visiting C@H Facility!! by Trixxee (Fun day!...)
I am sure that you conveyed to them what loyal forum followers they have in this happy little group and how appreciative we are that they have provided us with the opportunity to engage other people with interests centered around food and their magazine.
I will always appreciate this forum and the lovely friends that I have made here.
But dang, what a fun day! This getting old and traveling thing has my name written all over it one of these days!