Lemon Cheesecake Cream Cheese Ice Cream
  Re: (...)
Oh, happy dance!! This is really a cheap & dirty version of Cream Cheese Ice cream, but so very easy on the road and not a huge quantity to have to squeeze in the small freezer!!

I bought a boxed mix at the 'tourist trap' store day before yesterday -
Lemon Cheesecake Cheeseball & Dessert Mix
(they *****)

Roy picked up a pint of DQ ice cream on the way home and we were off and running.

Lemon Cream Cheese Dairy Queen Ice Cream

1/2 Wind & Willow Lemon Cheesecake Cheeseball & Dessert Mix pkg. (the pkg. = 40g, so I used 20g)
4 oz. cream cheese, removed from refrigerator 1 hour before to soften
1 pt. Dairy Queen soft ice cream

Mix the pkg. mix and cream cheese together with a mixer; add the ice cream and mix just until blended. Pour into a container and store in freezer for a few hours to harden up.

I sprinkled some of the Graham cracker crust mix over for serving. Enjoy!! (once in a while )

In the process of doing the above, my little mixer gave up and died. I had planned on adding a little Meyer Lemon zest at the end for a little more oomph, but couldn't.

But, it really didn't need it - it's quite a treat on the road. Now, I'm thinking of all the flavors I can add to this ice cream as we hit towns with DQs - and what town doesn't have one????

Wish I had some of the peaches left......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Lemon Cheesecake Cream Cheese Ice Cream by cjs (Oh, happy dance!! Th...)
This is so cool! This is so creative!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lemon Cheesecake Cream Cheese Ice Cream by Gourmet_Mom (This is so cool! Th...)
Oh, I bet that is pretty tasty! Love anything with lemon or lime!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."