Saturday's Dinner, 9/6/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I've thawed out the last of my bison burger to use my beautiful Ruby Gold heirloom on the burger today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/6/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am making two dishes from Melissa D'arabian's $10 Dinners show - thin bone-in pork chops marinated in an asiany sauce, then pan fried and topped with the reduced down marinade, and sesame peanut noodles using linguine and some vegetables (I'm using edamame, napa cabbage and carrots).

It's a good thing the pork chops were buy one package/get one free or there is no way this dinner would have cost $10. What happened to the price of pork chops?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/6/14?? by Trixxee (I am making two dish...)
Everything is ridiculous! I cringe at the register regularly!

I haven't decided about dinner. I'm off to search for something interesting. Hoping to be teased by something new? We'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Everything is ridicu...)
[Image: Sept6Heirloomforburger_zpsd15c3fc5.jpg]

Words are not needed..................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/6/14?? by cjs ([url=http://s3.photo...)
Jean that is beautiful!

We're having the 1770 House meatloaf tonight. We opted for clean out the fridge last night.

I am going to try subbing oatmeal for the breadcrumbs - hopefully it will work out. I'm looking forward to having the day to cook and fix a really nice meal for my "boys" Mashed potatoes and a tomato salad and something else? to go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/6/14?? by Harborwitch (Jean that is beautif...)
Sharon, that's how I learned to make meatloaf - with oatmeal and a can of Campbell's veggie soup. I always liked It and I should try the combination again one day.

Trixxee, probably before you were a glimmer in your Mama's eye, I used to buy pork chops so often, 'cause the were the cheapest meat.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/6/14?? by cjs (Sharon, that's how I...)
From Issue #106 Members Exclusive Section, Grilled Cordon Bleu. I know it's a repeat, and I'm not sure I've made it. Blane made it recently, and I remember thinking this was something I wanted soon. I'm serving the grilled potato wedges and asparagus listed with the recipe.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (From Issue #106 Memb...)
Grilled Cordon Bleu - sounds good!

As I've said before "I could barely get my mouth around....."

[Image: Sept6MyBisonBurgerwHeirloom_zpsad7941bc.jpg]

I know the ratio tomato/meat/bun is really off, but this really was more about the Heirloom.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/6/14?? by cjs (Grilled Cordon Bleu ...)
Oh Jean . . . that burger is beautiful!

Bob's Mom taught me to use oatmeal. My Mom used cubes of water soaked bread that clumped up in the meatloaf. I didn't like meatloaf for a long long long time.

We buy pork when it's on sale - if I had the freezer space I'd be doing the "happy dance" right now. Safeway has half loins (sliced) for $1.69 a lb! I still have a package from the last sale.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Everything is ridicu...)
I hear ya, Daphne! Every week my grocery bill goes higher and higher. I'm buying chicken and ground beef and "splurged" on a rib eye this week to split tonight with Hubby. Huge rib eye - 1 lb-er.

Jean, that burger looks great!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.