Sunday Dinner, 8/31/14
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Burgers here and I have fries in the freezer, not sweet potato, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/31/14 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Baby back ribs, leftover herbed apple pasta salad. Nathans and homemade chocolate milkshakes for lunch.

Craving a milkshake for some reason.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/31/14 by Trixxee (Baby back ribs, left...)
Beef Stroganoff with buttered pasta and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/31/14 by losblanos1 (Beef Stroganoff with...)
I really wish you'd stop this, Trixxee! You've been mentioning old favorites of mine lately.

Chocolate milkshake - and yes, with saltines.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/31/14 by cjs (I really wish you'd ...)
Stuffed shells with meatballs/sausage. And that Arugula salad with the Shallot Vinaigrette dressing we love so much!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/31/14 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well I just got done prepping 18 stuffed shells. I sort of came up with the recipe on my own. I buy the hard Barilla "Jumbo" Shells - hah! they're only half the size of the frozen ones I used to buy. the hard shells are about 3" long and take a loaded teaspoon to stuff them.

I cook up 20 of those to 7 minutes, and let them cool. Then, I mix 1 15-oz whole milk ricotta (you can use part-skim, I just like the consistency better with whole) with 1 5-oz tub of Bel Gioioso 4-Cheese shredded cheese (Asiago, Fontina, Parmesan, and Provolone), and about 1 tsp of nutmeg with S&P to taste. No egg involved, so taste away! And the 4-Cheese melts beautifully into the sauce I choose.

I only cook about 10 of them, so the rest I put on a cookie sheet with wax paper and freeze them to put in a zip lock. Heaven!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/31/14 by cjs (I really wish you'd ...)
Quote:

I really wish you'd stop this, Trixxee! You've been mentioning old favorites of mine lately.

Chocolate milkshake - and yes, with saltines.

Saltines on the side? Interesting.

But oh gosh was that shake good. I was good and made about a 10 ounce one. But it still amazes me how much ice cream you use for a good shake.

Already planning on making more tomorrow. Then Tuesday I'll start to be good.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/31/14 by BarbaraS (Well I just got done...)
Barbara that sounds so good.

Tonight is going to be Italian sausages in a red sauce on a rice & corn pasta. I think we'll grill some asparagus to go with. We are starting fall hours! 1 - 7 M,T,W and 12 - 7 on Sunday. Gotta work on the Sunday thing . . . that's FOOTBALL!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/31/14 by Harborwitch (Barbara that sounds ...)
We did burgers on the grill with corn on the cob (that I mentioned in the Labor Day thread) and salad. I get to repeat for lunch! I've got the house to myself until later this afternoon. I think the boys are crazy! One is plowing at the farm, and the other is surveying some property we purchased a while back. It's almost ninety with clear skies and no breeze!!!! The one at the new property came while ago to cool off for a bit. His clothes and hair was soaked through! NUTS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.