Wednesday's Dinner, 8/27/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're having yesterday's dinner today - with one exception. We stopped at an appliance store which has 3 meat coolers with the best meats in town (not kidding -an appliance store!) Picked up a nice Rib eye, some burger and a Ring of Bologna, my favorite to cook when I was first married in the 50s. So, we're having the bologna today with the corn casserole that I'm anxious to try.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/27/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Not sure yet. I will be canning tuna from 8:30 till around 3 so it might just be picking up sandwiches on the way home
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/27/14?? by DFen911 (Not sure yet. I will...)
I am making a spinach/caramelized onion/proscuitto/fontina frittata, with a a side of sausage. And a fresh bagel if I drive across town to the bagel store.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/27/14?? by Trixxee (I am making a spinac...)
That frittata sounds delicious, Trixxee!

We're having Gooey Ginger Chicken, rice, and probably some baby broccoli on the side.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/27/14?? by karyn (That frittata sounds...)
Oh my goodnesss - I can't believe how good this comfort food "1950s" dinner was!!

I used to fix ring of bologna, fried potatoes & onions and cream style corn when I was first cooking....
the beautiful weather is back, so grilled everything -
[Image: Aug27Grilling1950sdinner_zpsf0f54c8c.jpg]

[Image: Aug271950sFavDinner_zps6b54b0e4.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/27/14?? by cjs (Oh my goodnesss - I ...)
Yep, that looks like comfort food!

We had spaghetti with turkey meatballs and sauteed veggies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/27/14?? by cjs (Oh my goodnesss - I ...)
That does look good, Jean'

We're having Taco Salad. Easy dinner. Andrew has offered to cook again. SWEET!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/27/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (That does look good,...)
A true grill master, that looks so good Jean.

To hot and humid to make the chicken lo mein from the new issue, so it's French toast with a mixed berry sauce and copious amounts of sausage. I'm hungry!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/27/14?? by losblanos1 (A true grill master,...)
I had the funniest dream last night - we all worked for a magazine and Blane & CarlyAnne (that's right, isn't it?) worked for me and we all worked for Christine Baranski (is that right?) Don't know where the heck that came from. Just before I work up Baranski told me Blane didn't like working for me.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/27/14?? by cjs (I had the funniest d...)
Who is Christine? Jean, that is just plain weird! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.