Tuesday's Dinner, 8/19/14??
  Re: (...)
It is the 19th isn't it??? What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're on the road to Jamestown, N.D. Think I'll make a frittata out of the garlic linguine & steak when we land.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/19/14?? by cjs (It is the 19th isn't...)
Wave as you go by Medina! Jamestown is nice little town.

I'm not sure what's for dinner tonight. We have to take Bob to a Doctor's appointment in Wenatchee today so Jeff has offered to take us to lunch or dinner. Either that or we can come home and have wonderful brisket sandwiches!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/19/14?? by Harborwitch (Wave as you go by Me...)
I was going to make b'fast for dinner but I have all the ingredients to make egg foo yung, that and pineapple rice.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/19/14?? by losblanos1 (I was going to make ...)
Is Medina where you were, Sharon? Didn't you mention a meat market in Jamestown?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/19/14?? by cjs (Is Medina where you ...)
Pulled some marinara from the freezer and Tony bought some sausage ravioli from Costco the other day. Need to stop at the store for salad ingredients after we stop by Michael's school locker to drop off the 150 pounds of textbooks he has so he doesn't have to haul them in the morning. School starts tomorrow!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/19/14?? by Trixxee (Pulled some marinara...)
Good Lord - 150#???

Sausage and marinara just clicked for me. I need to make this with garlic bread.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/19/14?? by cjs (Good Lord - 150#???[...)
Well, that's an exaggeration but let me put it this way. Last week at registration where you check out your text books, he carried two and and I carried two while we located his locker and then walked to the car (of course, two opposite sides of campus). By the time I get to the car, my arm was shaking. And I'm fairly decent physical shape. LOL.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/19/14?? by cjs (Is Medina where you ...)
Medina is where we lived . . . actually 6 miles south. There is a great meat market in Medina and there is wonderful one in Valley City - past Jamestown. That's the last place I was able to get pork jowls. Sigh. I miss ND some days.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/19/14?? by Harborwitch (Medina is where we l...)
It is incredible how heavy textbooks are, isn't it? The funny thing is, most of the textbooks students have at my school are also available to them online. They get issued the actual texts to use at school. Even so, about half of them carry the heavy books home regularly. I just don't get it!

Tonight we're having the fajita burgers that Trixxee did recently. I added some cilantro and red onion to them per her suggestion. John's in a late meeting, so I'm not sure when we'll actually eat.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/19/14?? by karyn (It is incredible how...)
I bought Michael a second set of used text books with my own money on various websites so Michael doesn't need to haul them home. Just take them to and from class and locker. That's bad enough!