Sharon, Your Birthday Today???
  Re: Re: Sharon, Your Birthday Today??? by cjs (What's a "tens unit"...)
TENS = "Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation" - a device that uses pulsed electrical shocks to manage pain.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sharon, Your Birthday Today??? by Harborwitch (Thank you everyone. ...)
Happy Belated Birthday Sharon!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sharon, Your Birthday Today??? by BarbaraS (Happy Belated Birthd...)
I'm a day late and a dollar short. Happy belated B'day Sharon! It sounds like you had a great day.
  Re: Re: Sharon, Your Birthday Today??? by labradors (TENS = "Transcutaneo...)
Thanks everyone, again!

Thanks for the definition Labs. This is a TENS & EMS (Muscle stimulation), which also does a bunch of other therapies.

Re: Re: Sharon, Your Birthday Today??? by Harborwitch (Thanks everyone, aga...)
Sharon, it sounds like a perfect day and a perfect gift! Have you used it yet?

I've heard they are wonderful! I've considered one for William. He still has severe pain sometimes in the knee where his blood clot was located, and in his back from a skiing injury in his twenties....long story full of male ego! Anyway, I keep forgetting to ask his doctor about whether this would be safe for him...given his history. I hope you get some well deserved relief from it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sharon, Your Birthday Today??? by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, it sounds li...)
It arrives Tuesday!

TENS units are wonderful. They use mild electrical stimulation to block pain signals. The one "my guys" got me can be used on any place on the body. Some are only for back pain. The interesting thing about the cheap one I tried from Icy Hot was that the neuropathy in my feet went away!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sharon, Your Birthday Today??? by Harborwitch (It arrives Tuesday! ...)
Interesting - good luck with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sharon, Your Birthday Today??? by cjs (Interesting - good l...)
My belated wishes as well! How nice that they pampered you!
  Re: Re: Sharon, Your Birthday Today??? by iBcookin (My belated wishes as...)
Thank you Linda.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sharon, Your Birthday Today??? by Harborwitch (Thank you Linda....)
Glad you had a good b-day, Sharon. Good luck with your TENS unit. One of my close friends uses one with great success.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."