T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14??
  Re: (...)
Almost forgot! What's for dinner?

Travel day for us. I did a slow cook pork yesterday, so something with that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? by cjs (Almost forgot! [img]...)
No idea. I was so exhausted from yesterday we ate whatever we found in the fridge. And working all day again too so might send Derek out for a pizza.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? by DFen911 (No idea. I was so ex...)
So much for free time in retirement, huh, Denise!?!?

I'll probably have whatever William cooks out at the farm. He's been coming home pretty early these days.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (So much for free tim...)
I'm leaning towards saving our leftover corned beef for tomorrow's lunch (because I don't feel like going to the store for rye bread and saurkraut), so I think it will be tortilla crusted tilapia (frozen from Costco but it's not bad), yellow rice and a green salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? by Trixxee (I'm leaning towards ...)
I'm thinking Italian steak sandwiches or burgers.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? by losblanos1 (I'm thinking Italian...)
I was just checking this out when I realized William had told me 10 minutes before that he wasn't going to the farm. LOL! Back from the store with steaks and baked potatoes with salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I was just checking ...)
We're meeting my in-laws for dinner. I did bake though. Made my dad a blueberry pie (his favorite) and made my in-laws raisin hand pies which they just adore. They call them raisin cookies, but they are actually little pies. Sure wish I could make pie crust the way my mom used to. Mine still doesn't turn out like hers.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? by Mare749 (We're meeting my in-...)
Oh, Maryann, I bet the crust is a winner!! And, how lucky they are to have you make these treats for them.

I thought I was sick of Pulled Pork, but this easy, tasty recipe renewed the old taste buds. Altho, I didn't 'pull' it nor did I get a chance to thicken the jus into a gravy. I just sliced it and made sandwiches with a little drizzle of the jus. Outstanding!! A Noble Pig recipe.

P.S. to add - I did add a little crushed red pepper to the mix, just seemed to call for it.

[Image: Aug8Honey-SoyPorkSandwich_zps95fe81be.jpg]
Yes, indeed, that is American cheese oozing out there.

Noble Pig's Slow-Cooked Honey-Soy Pulled Pork
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? by cjs (Oh, Maryann, I bet t...)
That sandwich does look outstanding.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/8/14?? by Mare749 (That sandwich does l...)
It sure was tasty.

I was looking thru M.C. for ideas for the other half of the pork roast - M.C. has older recipes since I've been using L.C. - and ran across the above recipe that Trixxee had said was very good. I didn't make it back then, but I'm sure glad I saw it on a newer newsletter to give it a try.
www.achefsjourney.com