New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!!
  Re: (...)
Maryann sent me on a mission – she found this interesting pizza dough recipe on Deborah Mele’s blog, www.Italiancookingforever.com and sent it along to me. Of course I had to play with this one – been a long time since I’ve had a new appealing idea for dough. Well, there was Laura’s zucc dough, but she made it and wasn’t impressed before I could get to it, so will skip that one.

http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2012/0...zza-dough/

I must admit I did roll mine and I agree with her, it did deflate it too much, so the remaining balls will be push/pulled.

Ready to bake
[Image: Aug2BisonSausagaPepperpizzatobake_zpsb02f3ce1.jpg]

This is a great combination of flavors for the Bison Sausage Pepper pizza – will post recipe on the ‘blog’ in the next day or two.
Baked and sliced
[Image: Aug2BisonSausagePepperPizzaslilced_zpsc3e05d35.jpg]

The wine – This wine was just exceptional – CasaTaurini 2011 Barbera d’Asti
[Image: Aug2CasaTauriniBarberadAsti_zpscfa2939e.jpg]

The ‘crumb’ – mine was not as good as Deborah Mele’s, but the flavor is very nice. I will make the dough again.
[Image: Aug2TheCrumboftheFocaccia2_zps01001033.jpg]

Thanks for the heads up on this one, Maryann!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! by cjs (Maryann sent me on a...)
Mercy! First Ashley calls from the store to make sure she has all the makings for a Truffle Pizza and now you start! LOL! And me with dough already in the freezer! But it is buried by tomatoes at the moment? Hmmmmmm?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! by Gourmet_Mom (Mercy! First Ashley...)
Well, I must say it sure does look delicious, Jean. I didn't get a chance to play with this one yet, but will in the next day or two.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! by Mare749 (Well, I must say it ...)
I'll be adding Cake Flour to the city grocery list, for sure!
Daphne
  Re: Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! by Gourmet_Mom (I'll be adding Cake ...)
I'm guessing? Olive oil, mozzarella "pillows", sausage, red onion, red and green peppers, kale ( or other green) shredded cheddar and mozzarella and pine nuts.
Daphne
  Re: Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! by Gourmet_Mom (I'm guessing? Olive...)
Sounds good, Daphne.

One word of warning tho - go gentle with the additional water; mine was a tad loose and had to add a lot more flour. I've never added that much liquid to the amount of flour and I should have been more careful.

I think I'll make another pizza on Tuesday and see if I can get a little more 'poof' - not much, but a tad more.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! by cjs (Sounds good, Daphne....)
Jean, I sent Deborah an email to ask her about the amount of water. It has to be a typo. I know that I will be adding it in VERY slowly.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! by cjs (Maryann sent me on a...)
Oh my! I might have to send Bob to the store today for cake flour.

We were gifted with a pile of fresh beautiful figs last night with the promise of lots more so I am thinking of fig & goat cheese pizza is in our future. Yum!

Thank you for sharing Maryann & Jean!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! by Harborwitch (Oh my! I might have...)
You know, thinking about it, why not bread flour or a.p.??? I'm going to try it with something else next time.... Cake flour is a pain in the butt to carry around also.

Time to play with this.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Pizza Dough - Maryann Made Me Do It!! by cjs (You know, thinking a...)
This is true! Bob just got back from the store . . . I forgot to put cake flour on the list Tongue
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!