Thursday's Dinner, 6/19/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu?

Leftovers here.

I have a flank steak thawing and thinking about Daphne's Korean marinade for it......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/19/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
Holly invited us over for ribs tonight. I'm taking coleslaw and a margherita pizza appetizer made with crescent rolls.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/19/14?? by Mare749 (Holly invited us ove...)
I have to pick up a few things at Sprouts and I like their rotissiere chicken and I know Michael will eat it. Not sure of any sides yet. Tony's not home so don't have to worry about him.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/19/14?? by Trixxee (I have to pick up a ...)
Big Macs & Tots.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/19/14?? by Trixxee (I have to pick up a ...)
Quote:

I have to pick up a few things at Sprouts and I like their rotissiere chicken and I know Michael will eat it. Not sure of any sides yet. Tony's not home so don't have to worry about him.

Trixxee, Sprouts is opening a few stores in my area soon...are they more like Whole Foods or Trader Joes? What should I look for when they open?

We're having grilled pizza for dinner. I'm thinking a white pizza topped with arugula salad, but I may change my mind.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/19/14?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
They are sort of a combo Karyn. But cheaper than Whole Foods. Their produce prices are really good.

I do like their chickens and their fresh baguettes (99 cents - can't beat it). I like that you can scoop little bags of dried herbs without having to buy a whole bottle. You wind up spending like 34 cents on an obscure herb you may never need an entire bottle for. They sell a lot of nuts and snacky type things that you scoop so you don't have to buy a giant bag of anything.

I will look around today - I haven't been there in a while.

Oh, they do have a nice size department for health and skin care items.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/19/14?? by Trixxee (They are sort of a c...)
Back! In the meat dept. they have all kinds of flavored sausages. If we didn't already have some italian/goat cheese ones in the freezer I would have tried them. The beef they carry is "choice". Bought something today I've never bought before - wild caught "clam meat". I think this will be great for linguine - no broth - just the meat, which is fine because I always drain the liquid anyway. Maybe they won't be sandy this way.

Also picked up some frozen tortilla crusted tilapia and from the deli, bleu cheese and bacon potato salad. Can't vouch for that yet as we are taking it camping tomorrow. I think you will enjoy the store. Reasonable prices.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/19/14?? by Trixxee (Back! In the meat d...)
I wish we had one! I love Whole Foods, but their prices are ridiculous for most things. We have a new one in the city, but I have avoided it, because I know I'll go crazy. LOL!

We are having coke brined chicken with corn on the cob and salad. The deer ate up all our corn with William gone, so I'll have to buy some. I'm planning on picking some up next week and process while the kids and Parker are in the mountains.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/19/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I wish we had one! ...)
Trixxee, thanks so much! The herbs sound wonderful. I hate that I have obscure jars that I hardly ever use. I'm also looking forward to the cheese, and less expensive than Whole foods sounds wonderful all around. I'm really looking forward to them opening!

Dinner plans changed. I decided I felt lazy and wanted a casserole, so we're having King Ranch Chicken. Pizza is on for tomorrow.