Sunday Dinner, 6/8/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

My garlic ramps are FINALLY up, so a ramp pizza later!!!
One room is completely packed and in the storage unit.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/8/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Holy cow you guys are moving right along!

I'm putting a turkey in the smoker. No clue why, but was tired of it taking up room in my freezer so in the smoker it goes
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/8/14?? by DFen911 (Holy cow you guys ar...)
I think we are having linguine with clam sauce, but this time red. Tony's making it.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/8/14?? by DFen911 (Holy cow you guys ar...)
We love smoked turkey, Denise. Would you post your method, timing, etc.? Did you brine first? Cut up or whole?

We have only put chicken pieces in the smoker, never a whole chicken or any turkey. We usually rotisserie a turkey and that always turns out well, but smoking it sounds better.Not sure what's for dinner tonight, but now I want something smoked!

Jean, you sure aren't wasting any time, are you?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/8/14?? by Mare749 (We love smoked turke...)
We only have until July 15th..............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/8/14?? by Trixxee (I think we are havin...)
Jean, you are getting things done so quickly!

We're having a lazy day at the lake, so I wanted dinner to be easy, too. We're having Golden Gate Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. It's a Sunset recipe.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/8/14?? by karyn (Jean, you are gettin...)
I'm not sure. We are headed to Wilmington to buy an umbrella for the deck. William mentioned going to FishBites afterward for a late lunch/early dinner. We'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/8/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure. We ar...)
Duh! Ron just reminded me that we DID smoke a turkey on the charcoal grill! I even posted a picture of it on here. Where is my head???

[Image: IMG_0290_zps18813a3d.jpg]

Bad part is, we have no idea how long it took to cook or at what temperature. He does remember removing the backbone though.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/8/14?? by Mare749 (Duh! Ron just remind...)
This is a 10lb bird. I am trying a new recipe, and this one is not brined.

It is stuffed with a cube of butter, a can of coke, a sliced onion, sliced apple s&p, onion powder. It's then rubbed all over with crushed garlic and then seasoned salt.

I will be smoking at 225 for about 9 hours. And basting every 2 hours. I am using hickory wood chips.

Stay tuned for the reviews
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 6/8/14?? by DFen911 (This is a 10lb bird....)
Who's day is it for the brain???????????????????? (sure as hell not mine.)
www.achefsjourney.com