T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/6/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have a little coconut rice left from yesterday, so maybe I'll play with that and have with a steak and more Christmas melon, which we found in Wenatchee and is delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/6/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think it's going to be a grilled steak and salad night here.

Never heard of a Christmas melon. Going to google.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/6/14?? by Mare749 (I think it's going t...)
I hadn't either, but tasted them at a farmers market last week and love them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/6/14?? by cjs (I hadn't either, but...)
We are having grilled chicken tacos and am going to make a grilled corn salsa to go with it.

Anyone else looking forward to tomorrow around 3:15 Pacific time?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/6/14?? by Trixxee (We are having grille...)
I have a note.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/6/14?? by cjs (I have a note..... [...)
That melon looks a bit like honeydew on the inside, but not on the outside. I'm going to look for it at the market.

So, I thawed some strips steaks (that we bought a while back and were rather disappointing) and pounded them out for a while, then put them in a marinade in a foodsaver bag. Hoping they won't be tough like they were last time we had them. Also bought fresh corn to grill. Last night, I made chocolate chip cookies for Ron's lunches, so may splurge on one.

Hey, does anyone else think it's been a bit long since Labs was on? I really thought he would check in with us by now.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/6/14?? by Mare749 (That melon looks a b...)
It has been a while. I bet his mom is so glad to have him near!! He'll get back to us soon.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/6/14?? by cjs (It has been a while....)
Today I'm making a new Cuisine at Home waffle recipe with maple-rum sauce and mixed berry topping. The side will be a very generous serving of sausage.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/6/14?? by losblanos1 (Today I'm making a n...)
I love waffles and sausage for dinner!!!! darn!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/6/14?? by Trixxee (We are having grille...)
Quote:

We are having grilled chicken tacos and am going to make a grilled corn salsa to go with it.

Anyone else looking forward to tomorrow around 3:15 Pacific time?

Tacos sound good! I also plan to tune in for the race

Making my MIL's chow mein recipe tonight Love it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura