Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

Supposed to have beautiful N.W. weather for a few days, so checking for goodies to grill.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Leftovers here - korean tacos. Unfortunately we are in store for hot and windy again all week - brush fires galore no doubt.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? by Trixxee (Leftovers here - kor...)
BBQ'ing up some pork ribs, potato salad and grilled romaine
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? by Trixxee (Leftovers here - kor...)
I really should have checked the long range forecast a few days ago before thawing stuff to make lasagna. Going to almost 90 the next few days, very humid with thunderstorms. I cooked the noodles at 5am when the kitchen was still cool. The lasagna is made and in the fridge. I'll make a big salad and make some cheese bread. Then we can sit and sweat while we eat it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? by Lorraine (I really should have...)
At least you are keeping your sense of humor, Lorraine. At least you can just heat up the leftovers in the micro.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? by Trixxee (At least you are kee...)
Grilling weather for sure Jean.

I have the fixins for the bistecca sandwich, so that's for dinner.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? by losblanos1 (Grilling weather for...)
It's raining here and Ron is in need of some comfort food tonight. Too many things going wrong in the last few days.
So, I decided to make patty melts, a few fries and a nice chopped salad. Also, made my mom's orange biscotti today and he loves those for breakfast with his coffee. So, that should cheer him up.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? by Mare749 (It's raining here an...)
I sure hope the Orange Biscotti cheers him up, Maryann. I don't seem to have that recipe.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? by Lorraine (I sure hope the Oran...)
hmmmm, I don't either, Lorraine.........

I didn't grill after all - this house for sale thing is going to be a realy pain in the A$$!! Had to make something fast, so used some of my Cinnamon-coffee game hen and added to another batch of Quinoa that I made Friday nite. Neither of us got our fill. We just love this dish.

But, I have steak, chicken and ribs thawing...for the rest of the week.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/12/14?? by Lorraine (I sure hope the Oran...)
Awwww! So sweet, Maryann!

Oh, Lorraine! Poor girl! I feel for you! Your lucky, though. I don't think my kitchen got under 80 last night! At least we have a nice breeze!

That being said, I'm doing a riff on Chicken Picatta. I'm grilling the chicken, and making the sauce starting with sautéing the garlic. It ought to work? I double the sauce so I can serve over pasta. Green beans for a side. Enjoying a nice breezy evening on the deck with a glass of wine watching the "kids" and dogs frolic in the lake. Nice!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.