Confused about subscription renewal
  Re: (...)
I was just looking at my subscription renewal. My last issue will be June. In order to not miss the next issue, I need to renew at either $29 for one year or $39 for two.

But, if I was a new subscriber, I could get 2 years for $28, plus a copy of "Grilling". Does this seem fair to be penalized for being a long-term subscriber? What am I missing here?

ETA: Yes, I did send this to customer service.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Confused about subscription renewal by Mare749 (I was just looking a...)
good - I hate this policy that a lot of companies have - penalizing the loyal customers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Confused about subscription renewal by cjs (good - I hate this p...)
I ordered my last subscription under my hubby's name. He was a 'new' subscriber...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Confused about subscription renewal by luvnit (I ordered my last su...)
I did that too - then he ordered a gift subscription for me. I didn't renew either one this year. I am considering the digital and DVD. As the budget tightens we have to make decisions carefully,
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Confused about subscription renewal by Harborwitch (I did that too - the...)
I found that if you call, they will give you the best rate available. I've not ever paid full price. I did 2 years last time, for the digital, but don't think I'll renew next time. I think I may have outgrown it. Though I am "retro" in age, I still find the magazine way behind the times, lots of rehash with no modern ingredients or techniques.
  Re: Re: Confused about subscription renewal by Cubangirl (I found that if you ...)
I'll never go all digital. I like having something in my hands to read instead of humping over a device to read.
  Re: Re: Confused about subscription renewal by Trixxee (I'll never go all di...)
I do like the Exclusive Members thing, or whatever it's called. I can look up all past issues on my phone while grocery shopping. It's nice because if I get inspired while I am in there, or something is on sale, move of my recipes are right there.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Confused about subscription renewal by Trixxee (I'll never go all di...)
Quote:

I'll never go all digital. I like having something in my hands to read instead of humping over a device to read.

Why would you have to hump over a device to read? Have you actually tried it? I am finding that my iPad is easier to hold than magazines and I can hold it the same way I would a magazine and is sure lighter than most cookbooks. I've also found that the interactive features are really fun.

At first I wasn't sure I'd like it since I like to eat popcorn while reading. I have now mastered the ability to just use one hand so I can still eat my popcorn. Plus I find that even if I tough it, it does not leave any permanent spots.
  Re: Re: Confused about subscription renewal by Cubangirl ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I love the online subscription. However I don't think I should have to pay more for 1 year than those who get the magazine for 2 years do.

I have up to issue 102 but to get 2014 they want $29.95. But if I sign up as a new subscriber I get 2 years of the magazine for $28. Really makes me grumble.
  Re: Re: Confused about subscription renewal by Cubangirl ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

I am finding that my iPad is easier to hold than magazines and I can hold it the same way I would a magazine and is sure lighter than most cookbooks. I've also found that the interactive features are really fun.

[/blockquote]

I'm an old fashioned girl at heart. I like books and magazines. Not screens all the time. I still only use my smart phone for phone calls (and watching the occasional horse race while I'm waiting in the school pick up line).

I'm fine with it.