Saturday's Dinner, 4/26/14
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Got a late start with this today - I'm finishing a really good mystery, so grabbed a cup of coffee and sat in front of the fire for a while.

All leftovers are gone!! So, I'll have to go choose something from the freezer and go from there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/26/14 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
You know this is a very good question, very good. I totally forgot to take something out of the freezer for dinner. I'll have to get back to ya.
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/26/14 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Comfort food tonight, Carylann is making Norwegian meatballs with mashed potatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/26/14 by losblanos1 (Comfort food tonight...)
Picked out 4 pkgs from freezer -
chuck roast - for Laura's Chuck roast with salsa in slow cooker. (I'll have to do a search and see how long ago I saved this.... )
veal scallopini pieces - will do a piccata with it and penne with red pepper sauce
4 ribs l/o from sometime - probably some baked beans
pulled pork & onions - some tacos with green chili sauce

takes care of the week!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/26/14 by losblanos1 (Comfort food tonight...)
Quote:

Comfort food tonight, Carylann is making Norwegian meatballs with mashed potatoes and asparagus.

How I love those meatballs, and even my picky son ate them. Gosh, I need to just keep a running list of things to make when I think I can't come up with any ideas.

Today we are having buffalo wings. Will pretty much pre-cook them in the oven and then throw on the BBQ with Frank's sauce. Romaine salad on the side and if Tony wants some steak fries I have a few of those in the freezer.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/26/14 by cjs (Picked out 4 pkgs fr...)
I'm trying THREE new ones, tonight. Pushing my luck a little! LOL! Broccoli Grape Cucumber Salad kinda makes sense when you think about it. I'll be interested to see if I miss the bacon found in the traditional version? And a twist on steak night with Best Steak Marinade in Existence .....we'll see about that! And not so new, just a different presentation.... Mini Pommes Anna . An ambitious menu, but it's date night with hubby.

Better get going!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/26/14 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm trying THREE new...)
Have a wonderful date night, Daphne! Your menu sounds delicious. I copied both the marinade and the salad.

Dinner tonight will be on the fly. Going out to visit the in-laws, so may just eat there. But, tomorrow will be family dinner and it's going to be a good one!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/26/14 by Mare749 (Have a wonderful dat...)
And I copied the mini pommes anna! How cute are they?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/26/14 by Trixxee (And I copied the min...)
must sit and look at these!! Have a great evening, Daphne and please give 'him' a big hug from us!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/26/14 by cjs (must sit and look at...)
Beer can chicken here!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura