T.G.I.F. Dinner 4/25/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm making Spicy Pork Po' Boys, recipe from F&W last year. And some kind of salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner 4/25/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm up in the air. Two possible choices are buffalo wings or Maryann burritos (though I would skip the tortilla and just make mine a salad).
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner 4/25/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I made the marinade for this last night, and it tasted sooooo good! The salmon has been bathing in there all night. I'm hoping for another success! Dinner will be Terriyaki Salmon with Siracha Cream Sauce over Lemon Scented Rice and a side of Garlicky Green Beans. Hoping for a lovely welcome home dinner for my poor fatigued hubby!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner 4/25/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I made the marinade ...)
He's had quite a week!! Hope he doing o.k.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner 4/25/14?? by cjs (He's had quite a wee...)
He sure has! He now understands the importance of timing with regards to diving. The fatigue is a big toll on the body.
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner 4/25/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (He sure has! He now...)
Oh, I guess that I must have misunderstood your message, Daphne, when you said he was going to take all of his treatments at once.

Dinner tonight will be shrimp scampi over angel hair and a side of asparagus.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner 4/25/14?? by Mare749 (Oh, I guess that I m...)
Glad to hear things are progressing Daphne.

I'm doing the coke brined chicken tonight. Just love this recipe! Will probably serve it with green beans and grilled garlic bread.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner 4/25/14?? by DFen911 (Glad to hear things ...)
Daphne, you've been on a roll this week with some really outstanding dinners and tonight is no exception, what a wonderful meal to welcome William home with.
Tonight I'm making the creamy bacon carbonara that you made on Tuesday. Thanks!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner 4/25/14?? by losblanos1 (Daphne, you've been ...)
I have high hopes. Almost had a flop last night! Trixxee saved the day! Good luck with the carbonara! It was so rich and wonderful! That one will be hard to top!

Denise, that is my favorite way to do chicken!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner 4/25/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I have high hopes. ...)
Well, had another winner here today, also. I had two pork patties left for sandwiches so made this curry condiment and wow, what a nice difference to a sandwich!!

[Image: Apor25SpicyPorkSandwichwCurrybutter_zps8da8feae.jpg]

This butter is wonderful spread on bun or pita bread for sandwiches. Just thought of another use to try – top a baked potato. Will be testing this! The curry is not overwhelming just a subtle hint of it and heat - adding an unexpected twist to a sandwich.

Curry-Spiced Butter
www.achefsjourney.com