Wednesday's dinner, 4/23/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

I'm grilling some cod and making a summer salad - old one Fire-Roasted Corn Salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's dinner, 4/23/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Pulled pork sandwiches. Tony smoked a pork butt on Sunday but it wasn't quite done so he finished it off in the oven last night and now it's perfect. Will stop at my favorite italian sandwich shop for the rolls. You guys know how picky I am about bread.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's dinner, 4/23/14?? by Trixxee (Pulled pork sandwich...)
After last night's success with the Creamy Bacon Carbonara , I thought I'd try out another new recipe for Caprese Lasagna Roll Ups in hopes it will be a perfect showcase for my tomatoes this summer. I hope these high priced tomatoes are worth the money!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's dinner, 4/23/14?? by Trixxee (Pulled pork sandwich...)
I'm making beef barley soup, 18 hour bread and pizzelles for dessert.

Trixxee, we have had the same problem when smoking a pork shoulder. They really seem to take a long time, 12 hours or more. Sure is worth the wait though.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's dinner, 4/23/14?? by Mare749 (I'm making beef barl...)
Oh that's good to know - I didn't know if we were doing something wrong, AGAIN.

Oh gosh, I was starving when I walked in from my morning walk and just heated a little up. Oh my gosh......so good.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's dinner, 4/23/14?? by Trixxee (Oh that's good to kn...)
Well, this is a winner - the sauce for the cod is just spoon-lickin' good.

[Image: Apr23CodwTangySwtnSoursauce_zpsef48920b.jpg]

Tangy Sweet ā€˜nā€™ Sour Sauce for broiled fish
8 servings.

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 T. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
1 T. chopped fresh cilantro, tarragon, thyme or basil
2 lbs. red snapper fillets or cod fillets

Combine all the ingredients except cilantro and fish in a small saucepan; cook and stir over med. heat until mixture boils and thickens. Simmer 2 minutes.
Add cilantro; mix well.

Remove sauce from heat and keep warm.
Broil (or grill) fish and serve with the warm sauce.
I served mine with a Fire-Roasted Corn Salad
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's dinner, 4/23/14?? by cjs (Well, this is a winn...)
Looks and sounds good! Saving this one!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's dinner, 4/23/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Looks and sounds goo...)
Allison is leaving for Italy this Saturday. She is coming home tonight and going back to Austin on Friday. She is getting our bag scale and one of our large bags. Plus a few other items. . Tonight we are having Chicken /spinach corn enchiladas and tomorrow she has asked for pork chops and cabbage with cornbread. We are preparing her for a pasta overdose! Hold her close while she is traveling and wish her a lifetime experience , mostly on her employer's expense. (She won the trip at work and gets to take her boss with her).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Wednesday's dinner, 4/23/14?? by Old Bay (Allison is leaving f...)
Bill, those enchiladas sound delicious! Safe travels to Allison. I hope she has a wonderful trip!!!

We had a skillet pasta dish with spinach and roasted red peppers. It was fine, but very forgettable, so we won't repeat it.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's dinner, 4/23/14?? by karyn (Bill, those enchilad...)
I am so friggin' envious of that kid! If I didn't love her, I'd really hate her!
www.achefsjourney.com