Saturday's Dinner, 4/19/14??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner for everyone today?

I roasted 1/2 a chix yestderday, so have enough meat left for 2 dinners after having a sandwich last night. not sure yet what I'll do with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/19/14?? by cjs (What's for dinner fo...)
Beautiful day here, so grilling for sure. Beer can chicken on the menu, grill-roasted potatoes and asparagus.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/19/14?? by Mare749 (Beautiful day here, ...)
It's soup weather here, so I'm making cream of fresh tomato soup with margherita grilled cheese sammies.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/19/14?? by losblanos1 (It's soup weather he...)
Really nice weather here too - sun is out already at 8:00am.

Today I'll be making Bobby Flay's "nacho" dogs.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/recipe/178...index.html
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/19/14?? by Trixxee (Really nice weather ...)
Wound up not grilling steaks Thursday....just too exhausted! So steak night tonight! It may be cool and wet, but hoping it will clear up by dinner time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/19/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Wound up not grillin...)
Well, I'm cleaning out, so have a throw together casserole - corn tortillas w/freezer burn ( ), chicken pieces, corn, couple dibs and dabs of sauces, lots of jalapeno, corn and bits and pieces of cheese.

Always have to tell Roy beforehand 'don't like this one 'cause I can never repeat it' and invaribly we like the dish!!! Murphy's law?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/19/14?? by cjs (Well, I'm cleaning o...)
We have lots of leftovers, but will probably go out to a new (new to us) place for our anniversary dinner. It's called the Blackbird and it's based on Edgar Allen Poe. I sure hope they're not serving Tell Tale Heart
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/19/14?? by DFen911 (We have lots of left...)
Well Happy Anniversary Denise and Derek!

It is cloudy, windy and gloomy here. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and nice. So we switched our Easter Ham Dinner to today! We are having Ham, hot rolls, macaroni and cheese, Ramen noodle coleslaw salad!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/19/14?? by luvnit (Well Happy Anniversa...)
Happy Anniversary to D & D!! Have a great day.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/19/14?? by cjs (What's for dinner fo...)
Hubby actually asked for Chicken Cordon Blue. It's not my favorite dish to make, I either pound the breasts to death or not enough and the filling leaks out. Plus, the breading is such a mess!

I think these may be okay. Just set them in the fridge to chill for about an hour. The instructions are from Issue 47. Didn't do the asparagus. Hubby doesn't do asparagus.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.