Monday's Dinner, 4/14/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm throwing together a pork stew using up leftovers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/14/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
My hubby is cooking dinner tonight, it'll be Pork Chops O'Brien. This is a recipe from his bachelor days from the back of the French's Fried Onion package.

He's been enjoying his time in the kitchen lately. It's been a blessing for me too.

[Image: lg_10494.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/14/14?? by luvnit (My hubby is cooking ...)
Good man!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/14/14?? by cjs (Good man!...)
Well last night's plans got changed so I didn't make the ham/alfredo recipe. But now there is no ham - LOL. We just ate it plain. So tonight I'll just do a chicken/alfredo/asparagus/pea dish. Don't want that $3.99/lb asparagus to go to waste.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/14/14?? by Trixxee (Well last night's pl...)
I'm excited and yet it will sound so lame, but still excited. I bought an appliance I thought I never would. Been to two different homes who used it and the meat was wonderful! But never imagined I'd purchase an "As Seen on TV" item

I bought a Ronco Rotisserie. It's at the post office for me to pick up Therefore going to try a small pork roast or chicken.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/14/14?? by DFen911 (I'm excited and yet ...)
That is exciting Denise! I have always wanted to try one. I see them at the Goodwill every so often pretty cheap. I just imagine my chicken turning and self-basting and smelling so good!

Good luck, I hope it's terrific and yummy!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/14/14?? by luvnit (That is exciting Den...)
Good luck with it and have fun, Denise!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/14/14?? by cjs (Good luck with it an...)
That looks really tasty Laura. Sounds like your husband is a keeper.

I changed my plans for dinner, it's just too nice out for pasta, I switched to hot dogs(Nathan's were BOGO at Safeway). French fries for a side.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/14/14?? by losblanos1 (That looks really ta...)
Due to a change in plans at the last minute, we are having sandwiches.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/14/14?? by losblanos1 (That looks really ta...)
Have fun, Denise! New toys are so much fun.

The gadget/appliance I've been most intrigued by recently is the Phillips AirFryer. Deep frying without deep frying sounds really intriguing to me, since I promised myself that this was the one culinary fat taboo in my kitchen....

Anyway, today was my first day of spring break. I knew I was going to be busy with appointments, so I preemptively did some freezer-diving. Dinner was the leftover carne deshebrada with a vinegar-based slaw and queso fresco. I did make one new discovery, however. Have you ever tried uncooked corn tortillas ? They aren't quite as good as really fresh, but they were certainly better than any other grocery store tortilla I've ever served!