Sunday Dinner, 4/13/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today?

Broccoli & Black-eye pea soup and 18-hour bread. And, I'm making a little batch of Guimi's 'butter' rouille.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/13/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
Sun is shining, gonna be a warm day, we're taking off on the bike and we'll see what may
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/13/14?? by DFen911 (Sun is shining, gonn...)
We have some leftover ham so I think I'm going to make a very springy dish - gemelli with ham, peas, asparagus, and alfredo sauce. Michael will have his pasta plain, naturally.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/13/14?? by DFen911 (Sun is shining, gonn...)
It's sunny and warming up here also. Dinner is cilantro-lime marinated skirt steak, carne asada style; with Mexican rice and corn on the cob.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/13/14?? by losblanos1 (It's sunny and warmi...)
Nice here as well, so I'm letting William do burgers on the grill. We'll have more salad and maybe some chips.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/13/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Nice here as well, s...)
It's sunny and warm here as well, and the clouds of pollen blowing off the trees are impressive! We went for a long jet ski ride--the first one of the season--and needed to get cleaned up big time when we got home. Even so, it was wonderful to be back on the water!

Tonight's dinner is Mushroom Asiago Chicken. I'm serving it with green beans and wild rice.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/13/14?? by karyn (It's sunny and warm ...)
Wow, that sounds good, Karyn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/13/14?? by cjs (Wow, that sounds goo...)
Quote:

Wow, that sounds good, Karyn.

I thought so too, which is why I tried it, but it really came out tasting like a Stouffer's frozen dinner. It was pretty darn bland, even after I tried to spice it up, so I wouldn't give it a try if I were you...
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/13/14?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Seriously? That recipe looked so good! What a shame!

I know what you mean about being on the lake this weekend! I've lazed on the deck all weekend....even though it's been a little too windy! Something about sitting in the sunshine makes life seem so much better! My batteries are recharged for this final week of school before Spring Break! And then it will be the last spiral to the end of the school year for me!!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/13/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Seriously? That rec...)
Ah, that's too bad.
www.achefsjourney.com