Sunday Dinner, 4/6/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today?

Today we're having a Warm Chicken Caeser Salad (using the rest of the chicken)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/6/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That sounds really good, Jean. Do you grill the romaine?

We will probably put some burgers on the grill today and have a chopped salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/6/14?? by Mare749 (That sounds really g...)
Forgot about grilling the romaine! I remember all of us doing that a few years ago. Maybe I will.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/6/14?? by cjs (Forgot about grillin...)
I have some leftover penne/pesto/grilled chicken leftover from dinner we had out last night. Need to come up with something to go with it. Maybe a small steak and a green salad.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/6/14?? by Trixxee (I have some leftover...)
Soup night, Cream of fresh tomato soup with the Margherita grilled cheese sandwich from issue #104.

The Sun's out and soup doesn't sound good now. I'm going to grill a couple of pizzas using Laura's dough recipe.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/6/14?? by losblanos1 (Soup night, Cream of...)
Well Tony volunteered to make a meatloaf tonight so we'll have that leftover pasta, and some steamed broccoli with it.

Is is bad that I'm already looking forward to the leftover meatloaf for tomorrow? We'll make patty melt type of sandwiches out of it. I'm hoping that Trader Joe's has a loaf of this garlic cheese sourdough they used to carry (haven't looked for it in ages).
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/6/14?? by Trixxee (Well Tony volunteere...)
I have ground turkey . . . I work till 7:00. It was still frozen the last time I went to use it (Fri or Sat?) so tonight I have to come up with something. I am playing with ideas in my head. I have a couple rolling around but it's time to start thinking about getting ready.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/6/14?? by Harborwitch (I have ground turkey...)
We are doing a stir-fry tonight. Not sure if it's gonna be me or hubby doing the cooking yet. He's getting so good at doing dinner, I love it!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/6/14?? by Harborwitch (I have ground turkey...)
Trixxee, I can't count the number of times I've made meatloaf just for 'l/0' sandwiches!! By the way, how did Mike fare in his race(s) yesterday??

Well, I'm continuing to be impressed with this Menu #25 - The warm chicken caesar salad was just very, very good. I never opt for meat/poultry/seafood to be added to my caesars, but I must say I was surprised at how good this one was. And, Maryann, thanks for reminding me of grilled romaine - wonderful!!

[Image: Apr6WarmChickenCaesarSalad_zps9bb53811.jpg]

And, just telling a little tale on Roy Richard......
[Image: Apr6Roymisseswineglass_zps6e6ae840.jpg]
Guess he was so anxious for his glass of wine, he forgot where to pour it......................
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/6/14?? by cjs ( Trixxee, I can't co...)
How appropriate - 14 Hands! They serve that at the race track. Mikey came in second on Hoppertunity but as predicted California Chrome came in first and did it nicely.

There is a lot of buzz that for the first time in since 1978 (Affirmed did it) that there might be a Triple Crown winner. Of course that is a optimistic but it would be so great for the sport if there was one.

So just remember - CALIFORNIA CHROME.