Great Idea from Jacque Pepin
  Re: (...)
I love this and if you all are already doing it, wish you'd have told me.

I have all these dibs and dabs of meat (pulled, BBQ'd, etc.) in the freezer and it's getting boring just to make sandwiches.

Jacque Pepin offers an idea that his mother (and many French women) do with leftover meat. Make Meatballs or boulettes ("small balls") out of it. I used 2 different beef l/os yesterday and did make a sandwich, but there are so many uses for these little goodies!!

Pepin's Boulettes

I took the easy route and made square 'balls' -
[Image: Mar27JPepinsboulettesmeatballs_zpsb4f501a0.jpg]

[Image: Mar27Pepinslomeatballsandwich_zps9f74e993.jpg]

My leftover meat problem solved.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Great Idea from Jacque Pepin by cjs (I love this and if y...)
Wow, who knew? This has never occured to me and don't know why! Thanks, Jean!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Great Idea from Jacque Pepin by Mare749 (Wow, who knew? This...)
I know Maryann - it was one of those DUH! moments. But the way we all grill/smoke large pieces of meat, we must all have pkgs. in the freezer!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Great Idea from Jacque Pepin by cjs (I know Maryann - it ...)
What a great idea! Making note of this one! Thanks for sharing, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Great Idea from Jacque Pepin by Gourmet_Mom (What a great idea! ...)
My mom used to make croquettes out of the leftovers cooked beef, ham and pork. Freeze them until you have enough, put them in the food processor to get even consistency, then add a nice bechamel sauce to bind. Shape and follow the usual procedure for frying (i.e., seasoned beaten eggs, cracker crumbs). It is one of my favorite meals. Since they are good hot for dinner of cold between two crackers as a snack.

I also make "themed" stir-fries. E.g., if the meat was Italian seasoned, then stir fry with zucchini, peppers, garlic, sauce with a bit of tomato whatever and Marsala, add the cooked beef when the veggies are almost done. Sprinkle with fresh lemon and Parmesan cheese. Change the ingredients for Mexican, bbq, etc.
  Re: Re: Great Idea from Jacque Pepin by Cubangirl (My mom used to make ...)
I do stir-fries also, sbut sure nice for another idea, too. . And, yes to the croquettes, too!
www.achefsjourney.com