Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Dinner party here!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have fun with you dinner party Jean!

We are going to do pizza, not sure what kind yet, but I am tossing around a mushroom pizza for the adults... no sauce, just sautéed cremini and bellas.

Need something different.

I am going to try my 'new' pizza crust recipe again. It was the best ever. I want to make sure it is really 'the best ever.'

Added Later: Okay, the mushroom pizza, new crust, and hubby wants to try a roasted potato pizza. He's very intrigued about this 'potatoes on pizza' concept. We'll give it a try!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/14?? by luvnit (Have fun with you di...)
Have fun, Jean!

Laura, you've got me wanting pizza. I'll have to give that some thought!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun, Jean![br][...)
Yes, have fun Jean! Not sure what the protein will be for tonight (might be steak or fish - need to do a Costco run) but I do know I want to get out my grilling basket for vegetables (we never do this) - I have orange and red peppers, mushrooms, red onion, zucchini and tiny potatoes which I assume I have to pre-cook. Do you guys usually do your grilled veggies plain? I was thinking of tossing them with a dijon vinegarette after?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/14?? by Trixxee (Yes, have fun Jean! ...)
We're having a recipe I saw on the Chew a day or so ago by Mario Batali.

Braised Chicken with Leeks and Turnips
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/14?? by Trixxee (Yes, have fun Jean! ...)
Have a great time Jean. Trixxee, the vinaigrette sounds perfect, also you could skewer your potatoes and start them earlier than the rest of the veggies.

Tonight it's a recipe that I've been wanting to make for a long time, Shrimp curry with coconut milk and a mango coconut chutney over jasmine rice. I have to make the curry base from scratch. Fingers crossed.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/14?? by losblanos1 (Have a great time Je...)
Again, everything looks great!

Trixxee, 2 ways - one to marinate them in vinaigrette for a few minutes or brush with just a little oil as you grill, then while they are hot toss with vinaigrette.

Depends on what is in your vinaigrette, if anything sweet, the veggies burn so easily, as you already know. So, tossing later is easier.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/14?? by luvnit (Have fun with you di...)
Quote:

He's very intrigued about this 'potatoes on pizza' concept.

He should go to Japan, where potatoes and mayonnaise are popular pizza toppings, such as potatoes, onions, mayonnaise, bacon, and Parmesan and could be either with tomato sauce or more gratin style. Corn kernels are also popular - sometimes even on the same pizza with the potatoes.

People I've known who have gone to Japan told me about this a while back, but I have yet to try it for myself.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/14?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
It is cool here, but sunny for the first time in days, so we decided to just grill burgers and potato planks and enjoy the sunshine!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/8/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean have fun with your dinner party!

I have no idea what we're having tonight. I've thawed out some Italian seasoned ground turkey. Maybe a sauce to go on some polenta? That sounds good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!