Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone on Hump Day??

Between leftovers and a Dr. appt. in Port Townsend, no cooking going on here today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well the morning will be spent at the Discovery Garden planting peas.

So keeping it simple with some grilled steaks and baked potato tonight. Been almost a year, eaten a lot of beef and I don't see a dent in freezer yet. I do believe buying almost 400 lbs of beef was a bit over kill
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight is Chicken Doro Wett, Injera, & Queen of Sheba Salad. I might throw in some hummus. Depends on how the day goes.

Hope the Dr's appointment is routine and nothing serious!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by Harborwitch (Tonight is Chicken D...)
Nothing exciting for sure. Tony's still gone. Michael wants hot dogs, I will probably just saute a chicken breast and make a baked potato.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by Harborwitch (Tonight is Chicken D...)
Not serious - just have to have the annual spots taken off my face....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by cjs (Not serious - just h...)
Whew!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by Harborwitch (Whew!...)
Quote:

Whew!

Ditto!

It's a beautiful Spring-like day today (almost 60), so I'm going to grill a couple of rib-eyes with potato confit and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by Harborwitch (Whew!...)
We are doing a recipe from BA Jan 2002. Braised short ribs provencale with creme fraiche mashed potatoes. It's cold and raining.. A fire in the place tonight. Is this why "global warming" has become "climate change"?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by Old Bay (We are doing a recip...)
Bill, those short ribs sound incredible! I love olives in stew.

We're having Korean Tacos with cucumber slaw. It's the end of the freezer supply, so I guess I'll have to make more...
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by karyn (Bill, those short ri...)
I can just see Bill and Jane sittin' in front of the fire, T.V. trays in place with their gourmet dinner....and wine.

It was a beautiful day, Blane and we spent most of it in the truck, the sun coming in kept making me nod off - epecialy after the nice lunch we had!
www.achefsjourney.com