Sunday Dinner, 2/16/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm going to have a pasta dish using the marinade for the mushrooms - and maybe a steak. The mushrooms are really outstanding. I'll post the recipe pretty soon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/16/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think I will play with some leftovers; I have some pork roast, some butternut, some potatoes. Or something with some leftover Spanish rice and pasilla peppers. I only work until 7 today so I'll be home in time to play a bit.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/16/14?? by Harborwitch (I think I will play ...)
Circus Dogs with honey-mustard coleslaw and home made French fries.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/16/14?? by losblanos1 (Circus Dogs with hon...)
Our big meal of the day was at a tiny place called Fish Bites in the city. It was a happy find and we will go back. Portions were HUGE and it passed my two biggest tests...excellent cheesy crab and shrimp dip and lightly battered seafood. Not to mention tender calamari! And the toasted pita points served with the dip were outstanding!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/16/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Our big meal of the ...)
Just a simple pasta dinner with l/o for dinner tomorrow (for me). Not only do I have to bring in breakfast, lunch, AND dinner to work, I'm working 8am to 8pm tomorrow and 10:30-8pm Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

So I told Hubby I won't be home for dinner until Friday. He replied something to the effect of "putting on his Big Boy pants" and handling it.

Really? Really?! What does he expect me to do?

This week is "Jump Up" dinner time. It's when he jumps up and makes it himself.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/16/14?? by BarbaraS (Just a simple pasta ...)
I'm glad I'm not you this week, Barbara - goodluck!! We'll all have a glass (or 4) of wine Friday with you!!!

Jesus, Daphne, I'm so full and yet I'm drooling....

We sure liked those Circus dogs!!

---------------
By the way - the pasta tossed with the mushroom (citrus) marinade was wonderful!! I added some Parm and Peas and with a taste of those three, it was even good with a red!! But, especiallly good with a Pinot Gris.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/16/14?? by cjs (I'm glad I'm not you...)
Served Picky something out of his comfort zone tonight. Seared duck breast, marinated with maple, soy and ginger. Made a reduction with the marinade, and served with butternut and more brioche rolls. Quite yummy. Hey, Mikey liked it!!! (Remember that Life commercial? Yes, his name is Mike..)

Gotta go back and look at that mushroom citrus, love mushrooms.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/16/14?? by pjcooks (Served Picky somethi...)
Dinner? Truffle Popcorn! I've been meaning to make it all last week. Perfect snack to end the day.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/16/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Dinner? Truffle Pop...)
After the dishes I saw, I'm surprised you can even have that!

Hey, Mikie's growing up - taste wise.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/16/14?? by cjs (After the dishes I s...)
We brought half of each home. I'm telling you, they were HUGE!
Daphne