Thursday's Dinner, 2/13/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We ended up have a great lunch down the hill yesterday. Tried to go to one of our favorites and the darn doors were locked and the place cleaned out!! don't know when it happened - it was there when we left. We (Port Angeles/Sequim area) just can not support a good restaurant!!

So, today - "Linguine with shrimp scampi here along with a recipe I ran across in issue #93 for Lomi tomatoes - sounds interesting." that we were going to have yesterday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/13/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm making those Asian sloppy joes again.
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/13/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Clam chowder, New England, of course Another snow day here. We're averaging 1 every 7 days, good for contracted employees but baaaad for business. Got some brioche rolls going, crab cakes from the freezer. When will winter be over???????

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/13/14?? by pjcooks (Clam chowder, New En...)
Quote:

When will winter be over???????

PJ

Ditto PJ! We're getting hammered with it all - snow, ice, sleet, and rain. Did not even try to get to work today.

I have a ham steak in the fridge.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
I'm not sure. I'm the only one who ate chili, so I'll probably warm that back up. It's raining ice like crazy right now! HUGE chunks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Stay safe, PJ. Still cold here, but we finally got a break from the snow. Funny, but we aren't actually minding the cold that much because we have had so many beautiful and sunny days this winter. When it's just above freezing, it seems to be gloomy a lot more.

Anyway, I'm copying Karyn's dinner from last night. Chicken Saltimboco, risotto, and green beans.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/13/14?? by Mare749 (Stay safe, PJ. Still...)
PJ, I've got to say I love having those little Brioche slider rolls in the freezer. We had 1 piece of fried cod and 1 rice patty from lunch and divided them between 2 sliders for a snack last night. YUMMMY!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/13/14?? by cjs (PJ, I've got to say ...)
Sunshine for the first part of the day! We got about 2" of rain in the last 24 hours and so grateful for it.

I didn't make the meatballs yesterday, neither one of was hankering for it. So going Albondigas since the rains are coming back later today
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/13/14?? by DFen911 (Sunshine for the fir...)
Meatloaf, cheesy mashed potatoes, and either plain peas or succotash.

Way OT, we are snowed in, literally. The plow went by all last night, so there is a 5 foot drift at the end of our driveway. I could hear a car gunning it's engine. I look out and there is my 89 year old neighbour trying to plow her car through the 5 ft high drift. She kept backing up, then going forward trying to plow through it. I asked if she needed help, did she need anything at the store? Nope, just wanted to see if she could get through the drift. I came back in and poured myself a glass of wine.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/13/14?? by Lorraine (Meatloaf, cheesy mas...)
what else is there to do, Lorraine??
www.achefsjourney.com