Monday's Dinner, 2/3/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I brought chicken breast meat home from lunch Fri. that I'm using in a chicken with walnut pesto salad - Leftovers recipe.

Also, I have a new toy - Daphne's fault!! - I'd given up using my pressure cooker 'cause it's so big, but she has one with a 2nd pan to it that is about 1/3 the size. So, naturally I had to have one also. It came this weekend and I'm going to do some cooking with it this week.

Only thing is it's been so long, I'm a real novice with it. Had to read up on all the instructions. Anyone have any good recipes? I'll do a search here also, but I don't remember reading any....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/3/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We never did get to our rib-eyes last night - too full - so will grill those tonight. I might make a choron sauce for them or we might just have them plain. Broccoli and a box of mushroom rice a roni that I've been staring at in the pantry for 6 months. LOL.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/3/14?? by Trixxee (We never did get to ...)
Like mine? And here is a great link for you Jean http://www.hippressurecooking.com/
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/3/14?? by DFen911 (Like mine? [img]/ubb...)
I posted about the pork in milk in the other thread (pressure cookers), but I'm also working on 'translating' my other cookbooks to ebooks, and I need to make all again to add pictures. Hopefully the pictures will entice folks to make the dishes!

Chicken and Walnut Pesto Salad
[Image: Feb3lobook-chixpastasalad_zps036791c2.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/3/14?? by cjs (I posted about the p...)
Oh, I would make that, Jean! Photos really do help a lot.

Today I made cream of cauliflower soup, (recipe from allrecipes.com if anyone wants it) so we will have a cup of that to start. It turned out to be very tasty and is low fat, but tastes very rich.

Then, I had some chicken leftover from yesterday's burritos, but it wasn't enough by itself. So, I cooked up some sausage and decided to make Jean's Thai Pork Burritos that she posted the other day. I put the meats separately in some sauce and we'll have one of each.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/3/14?? by Mare749 (Oh, I would make tha...)
sounds good, Maryann. By the way, Bernard Griffin's Chardonnay was very good with the pork and sauteed squash.

Yes, you all have dragged me into the camp of pictures for every possible recipe.

Speaking of cauliflower, I just saw a recipe the other day that sounded fun -

Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe

All the flavor of wings. All the virtuousness of cauliflower. In retrospect, we’re surprised it took someone this long to come up with it. When you read this ridiculously short and simple recipe for Buffalo cauliflower, you may notice that the recipe instructs you to roast the entire head of cauliflower until coaxed to caramelization, chop the cauliflower into florets, toss them with the sauce, and then sauté them before piling them on a platter. Does it sound to you like there may be an extra step or two in there? Sometimes we find the most precise prescription for putting things together doesn’t exactly make for the most practical experience in the kitchen. Though we’re confident the cauliflower tastes a touch better with this final sauté, which is going to slick every square centimeter of cauliflower with sauce, we gotta admit, it’d be faster to just whack the roasted cauliflower into florets, plunk them on a plate, and slather them with the hot sauce, especially if you’re distracted by the idea of precious seconds of a very important football game taking place without you. Either way, one taste of this cauliflower and you’re not going to remember anything that came before it, anyway.LeTiete 2/2/14

1 head (about 1 1/2 pounds) cauliflower
2 Tbs plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce (substitute a different brand at your own peril)
1/2 cup Sriracha
4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into smallish dice
Blue cheese, crumbled, to taste, and/or Blue Cheese Dip

1. Crank up the oven to 375°F (190°C).

2. Trim the stem end from the cauliflower and leave the rest whole. Coat the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons canola oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast until tender and somewhat browned, 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of your cauliflower.

3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the Frank’s RedHot Sauce and Sriracha to a boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, then slowly whisk in the butter, a few pieces at a time, until everything is melted and incorporated and bubbly. Remove from the heat.

4. Cut the cauliflower head into florets. (You don’t want the florets to be too teensy or dainty; rather, you want them to be the proper size to enable you to easily [censored] one up from a platter. You know, the size of a chicken wing. Just don’t pop the entire floret in your mouth at once, you heathen.)

5. Heat a sauté pan on medium-high heat until hot, add the remaining teaspoon canola oil, then add the cauliflower and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté the cauliflower until warmed through, then add the sauce. Sauté for a minute until everything is hot and the cauliflower is completely coated. Plunk the Buffalo cauliflower on a plate and finish with a sprinkling of blue cheese and/or the Blue Cheese Dip on the side.

Yield: Serves 2 to 4
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/3/14?? by cjs (sounds good, Maryann...)
Hey! That was Denise that got you in trouble! LOL!

I'm doing ribs, corn on the cob (no butter for William!) and green beans.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/3/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hey! That was Denis...)
We had a slow-cooker chicken dinner. It was good, but not memorable, so I probably won't do it again. Now I have to go read the slow-cooker thread to find out about Jean's pork in milk!!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/3/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hey! That was Denis...)
You're right, Daphne - you and William have so been on my mind....

DENISE! thank you!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/3/14?? by cjs (You're right, Daphne...)
Awwww! Thank you Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.