Thursday's Dinner, 1/30/14??
  Re: (...)
Where the heck did January go?????????? What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm fixing and calling it Le Trofie Pesto alla Genovese with Italian Tuna. (Supposed to be New Year's Eve dinner... )

Added a can of chili & couple handfuls of slaw mix (no dressing) to my Hamburger soup yesterday and it sure made a nice difference.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/30/14?? by cjs (Where the heck did J...)
I saw Theresa's burger yesterday and thought that would be a great idea, it made me think of Blane's Copycat Big Mac...

So I tried to look up a recipe for Copycat Big Mac and couldn't find one I thought was 'just right', but I did find this great idea at the Noble Pig.

[Image: Cheeseburger-Fillo-Squares-with-Copycat-...-Sauce.jpg]

This is called Cheeseburger Fillo Squares with Copycat Big Mac Sauce What a great appy for a party!

Here is a link to the recipe: Noble Pig - Big Mac Fillo Pizza
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/30/14?? by luvnit (I saw Theresa's burg...)
Looks messy and delicious!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/30/14?? by cjs (Looks messy and deli...)
That does look good!

Making the most of my chicken and veggies from my soup the other day, I'm making Chicken Pot Pie. Yummy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/30/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (That does look good!...)
What a great appetizer! It looks delicious and fun.

Were having an old family favorite-- Salt and Pepper-Crusted Pork Tenderlion. I'll serve it with smashed potatoes and roasted broccoli.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/30/14?? by karyn (What a great appetiz...)
That looks great Laura! (Do you know I had my second In and Out Burger of the week yesterday).

I went freezer diving and came up with some meatballs and marinara. And just to change up the pasta shape, will make some cellantani.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/30/14?? by Trixxee (That looks great Lau...)
I made a pot of minestrone this morning, so all it needs now is a little pasta dropped in at the last minute. Also made some Italian bread AND started some sprouts that Lorraine sent me a while back. French Garden is the name and they are just lovely on sandwiches and in salads. Funny how I get the urge to grow something every year at this time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/30/14?? by luvnit (I saw Theresa's burg...)
Post deleted by Harborwitch
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/30/14?? *DELETED* by Harborwitch (Post deleted by Harb...)
Oh my, what a wonderful dish we missed on New Years!! Here's the sources if anyone is interested. The products are just wonderful. I picked them up at the Olive oil store in Modesto, and I'm sure all upscale specialty shops like that would carry them also.

[Image: Jan30PastawPestoTuna_zps3ba0fea9.jpg]

Le Trofie Pasta
Pasta Artigianale
www.Italianharvest.com

http://www.italianharvest.com/product/Tr...asta_Sauce

Flott Tuna

http://www.amazon.com/Flott-Tuna-Olive-c...ords=Flott+Tuna

Cascna Marciesa Pesto Alla Genovese

http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/Pesto-all...rchesa.asp

$9.99 – I paid $7.50
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/30/14?? by cjs (Oh my, what a wonder...)
Everything looks and sound great. Laura, the sauce on that copy-cat Big Mac recipe is plain old 1000 island.

Tonight I'm making tandoori shrimp skewers with pineapple chutney and sesame rice cakes. Since tomorrow is blue Friday (Seahawk color), I made some blueberry swirl cheesecakes for the pot luck/tailgate party at work tomorrow.