Saturday's Dinner, 1/25/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're spending the weekend with Denise & Derek - so I will post pictures of all the goodies I know she's going to have for us!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/25/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have a great time with Denise and Derek! Looking forward to pix!

We are suppose to go downtown today with friends, Carol and Tony. Tony is Chinese and wanted to celebrate his birthday with dim sum, followed by an early Chinese New Year celebration.

http://www.stclairsuperior.org/neighborh...-new-year/

The weather is pretty nasty here, so hoping we don't have to cancel.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/25/14?? by Mare749 (Have a great time wi...)
Sounds like it will be a fun time!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/25/14?? by cjs (Sounds like it will ...)
Bologna sandwiches

Kidding!! I'm grilling General Tso chicken legs with jasmine rice and forgot to the get the veggies which I'll pick up later for some stir fried veggies, or something
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/25/14?? by DFen911 (Bologna sandwiches [...)
We have leftover lasagna which might be dinner tonight. Bob grilled eggplant and zucchini to use instead of noodles (OMG! May never make lasagna another way). I didn't have ricotta so had to use the quickie microwave ricotta recipe and mixed it with goat cheese. Now my mind wanders to Moussaka!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/25/14?? by DFen911 (Bologna sandwiches [...)
Quote:

Bologna sandwiches

Many years ago, there was a Mom-and-Pop-style corner grocery store just a couple of blocks from my workplace that had some nice lunches. Among them was a "Bologna burger" that was an inch-thick slice of bologna that was grilled and then served on a hamburger bun with ketchup, onion, lettuce and tomato. Sounded crazy, but was delicious.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/25/14?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I've always loved fried bologna! That sounds like a burger I need to make.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/25/14?? by cjs (I've always loved fr...)
I'd eat that!

I'm still full from lunch! We may just have sandwiches or a big salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/25/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'd eat that![br][br...)
Maryann, that sounds like so much fun! R&J, D&D, I know you will have a great time! I made a tomato/veg sauce yesterday for pasta, so I will make that tonight for them. But, my cold has settled in nicely, and am fighting the flu, and have barely any tastebuds. I hate cooking when I can't taste what I am making.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/25/14?? by Lorraine (Maryann, that sounds...)
One of my favorite sandwiches as a kid was a bologna with mayo on buttered white bread and a slice of American cheese (if we had some).

Carylann's cooking dinner tonight, Japanese fried chicken with pineapple rice.