Thursday's Dinner, 1/23/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have a tale of woe..............sigh. Had 4 days of meals planned to make for/with Tracie (she's been dying to have the veal shanks!), and found out Tuesday she was coming down with something and with her health lately, I nagged her to go to dr. early! She has strep throat and her breathing is acting up again (more than anyone wants to hear, I'm sure ), and Dr. said she will be contagious for 72 hours before her meds kick in.

The way things have gone on this trip, we decided not to push our luck and we won't be stoppping today. darn.

So, we'll be having 1/2 the ribs I had planned to have with her tonight after we stop in Grants Pass. Anyone want to come over for Osso Buco????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/23/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oh gosh, I hope she is feeling better. So many people sick right now.

I am going to make the pork posole from the newest issue. Blane's wife made it a couple of weeks ago and it looked fantastic. I am not a hominy person but Tony said he loves it so I will give it another try. It's probably been 20 years since I've had it.

If I'm feeling ambitious enough (which is doubtful) I might make some cornbread too.
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/23/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean that sucks! I hope Tracie is feeling better soon.

We'd love to run over . . . but I am sick of car rides this week! LOL

I got a beautiful eggplant yesterday - I am thinking about an eggplant parm or something similar. I have some meat sauce in the freezer.

It could be jalapeno/cheddar dogs with sauteed peppers & onions on pretzel buns - depending on how long I have to work today.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/23/14?? by Harborwitch (Jean that sucks! I ...)
Well the silver lining to this is I get Jean and Roy for this weekend!!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/23/14?? by DFen911 (Well the silver lini...)
Herbed Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, and some stir-fried veggies.

Jean, sorry to hear about Tracie. Hope she is feeling better very soon! Have a good weekend with D&D.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/23/14?? by Mare749 (Herbed Fried Chicken...)
Bless your hearts!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/23/14?? by cjs (Bless your hearts!...)
Oh, Jean! I am so sorry! I hope she is feeling better soon! Give her my best and well wishes! At least there is a silver lining!

Tonight we are trying out the lean Italian sausage we made up a few weeks ago in a spaghetti sauce made with no salt tomatoes served on brown rice sea shell pasta with a big salad! Hoping for the best!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/23/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Jean! I am so s...)
That's a bummer Jean.

Tonight it's steak quesadillas with bleu cheese aioli.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/23/14?? by losblanos1 (That's a bummer Jean...)
A total downer. So sorry.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/23/14?? by Old Bay (A total downer. So ...)
Talked to her yesterday and the sun came out after days and days of fog, so that helped her spirits!!
www.achefsjourney.com